Net Calories & Exercise

Options
I'm sorry if this is not a new topic, but that is what forums are for, asking your questions. So here goes...

If I were to exercise and burn X amount of calories but I consume the same X amount of Net calories, what does that mean? Do they cancel themselves out as if I never at or exercised that day? Or if I eat X amount of calories and burn more than X amount of calories, is that a good thing? Also, if I eat X amount of calories but don't burn as much as X amount of calories, will I still lose weight since I didn't have as much calories going out as there were coming in? So confused! Please help!!

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is not a new topic, but that is what forums are for, asking your questions. So here goes...

If I were to exercise and burn X amount of calories but I consume the same X amount of Net calories, what does that mean? Do they cancel themselves out as if I never at or exercised that day? Or if I eat X amount of calories and burn more than X amount of calories, is that a good thing? Also, if I eat X amount of calories but don't burn as much as X amount of calories, will I still lose weight since I didn't have as much calories going out as there were coming in? So confused! Please help!!

Read this post, some useful information in it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo