Just did a full body workout but it sucks cause I don't know

Options
I wish there was a way to know how many calories you burn lifting weights. I'm tired and I know I have myself some extra calories to eat. Maybe even a some pizza:devil:

Replies

• Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a heart rate monitor! It will tell you how many calories you've burned. It's a great tool!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a heart rate monitor! It will tell you how many calories you've burned. It's a great tool!

Ditto!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    look up weigh training or circuit training on the cardio section of the exercise diary, if you don't have a hrm.
  • Multistyles
    Options
    Thanks a lot that's a good idea I'm going to have to get one cause lifting weights always drains me more than cardio
  • melissabell1984
    Options

Ditto!

DITTO! I love mine! I actually enjoying working out more knowing how many calories I'm burning :-)
  • paper_doll_
    Options

Absolutely!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i believe HRMs tend to over calculate cals for weight training and things like the body media under calculate them for weight lifting. Lifting tends to not burn a whole bunch of cals, but has been shown to have a decent EPOC depending on intensity of your workout
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    On my upper body workouts I tend to burn 200-300. On legs its 300-400.
    I'm 5'2 1/2 155lbs just for a reference. My gf is 10lbs more and 5'6 and usually always 100 more cals burnt than me.
    <3 our HRM's. (Polar FT 40)
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Polar Heart Rate Monitors etc are useless for giving accurate calories burned weight lifting, they even tell you that its not accurate....if you want something which is you will need to buy the Ki Fit as its known in the U.K.... or BodyMedia its known in the U.S.A.......they are the same thing....you should be able to get one on ebay....once you have one you have pay a monthly subscription, I am thinking of getting one myself