Feeling guilty, had pizza for dinner.

Options
Been feeling under the weather for the past 3 days. Not really eating, but trying to keep eating clean when I do. Also, still been working out... Today I just needed some comfort food. I had an Asiago Roast Beef Sandwich from Panera Bread for lunch and dinner time I took my kids to the local pizza parlor. Now I feel like I let myself down... :(

Replies

• brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    One day will not undo all you have done. Get up, brush yourself off and go take a nice long walk. You will feel better after getting moving a bit!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    These delicious foods are here for our enjoyment, what would life be like without pizza! Once in awhile won't hurt.
  • Phoenixsky13
    Phoenixsky13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Aww its okay I think sometimes when we are sick are bodies need the extra calories to fight the sickness. I'm going through the same thing right now. Try to get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. Also don't beat yourself up tomorrow is a new day.
  • Pronoiac
    Options
    I had pizza last night, too. Plus I have a wheat intolerance so I really do avoid it on average. But ya know what? It hit the spot and I do not 'regret' it!

Just account for the calories and move on. This whole thing is just one big self exploration process. If we are going to eat something bad at least enjoy the hell out of it!!!
  • Julie2402
    Options
    i think everyone has days like that, don't let it get you down. sometimes it does you good to have something really nice. get back on track tomorrow!!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    One day won't hurt your efforts. Make sure your mind knows this, and don't feel like all is lost and give up! You will do just fine.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to have pizza at least once every other week. How dull life would be without the occasional slice or two of pizza pie. :happy:

P.S. - Pizza always makes me retain water, so don't be discouraged if the scale show some damage the next time you weigh in. Just remember that it's only from the sodium and not the calories.
  • Mlehew
    Mlehew Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself "put the mistakes behind you and be better tomorrow than you were today". Also, I like to give myself a cheat day every week to allow for slip ups. The working towards the cheat day helps keep me sane. If you relax every once in a while, you tend to not go crazy with binge eating when you are faced with a party or a social gathering. Put it behind you and be proud that you are on the way to a better life. Good luck and God bless!

Michael
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Been feeling under the weather for the past 3 days. Not really eating, but trying to keep eating clean when I do. Also, still been working out... Today I just needed some comfort food. I had an Asiago Roast Beef Sandwich from Panera Bread for lunch and dinner time I took my kids to the local pizza parlor. Now I feel like I let myself down... :(

Probably because inside you did. SORRY but you are different than most on here. You used to be a bodybuilder and you KNOW what it takes to get back to where you need to be. You need to focus on your goals and stick to them. Just because the kids eat pizza doesn't mean YOU HAVE TO!!

Getting back into the shape you were in takes DISCIPLINE. It's time to leave the excuses alone and develop a plan to get to where you want to be. If you are eating pizza and not working out regularly thats not gonna do it. I LOVE pizza. Unfortunately its full of calories I don't need. I WILL EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF!! so I don't order it or anything else that will take me away from my goals.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Probably because inside you did. SORRY but you are different than most on here. You used to be a bodybuilder and you KNOW what it takes to get back to where you need to be. You need to focus on your goals and stick to them. Just because the kids eat pizza doesn't mean YOU HAVE TO!!

Getting back into the shape you were in takes DISCIPLINE. It's time to leave the excuses alone and develop a plan to get to where you want to be. If you are eating pizza and not working out regularly thats not gonna do it. I LOVE pizza. Unfortunately its full of calories I don't need. I WILL EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF!! so I don't order it or anything else that will take me away from my goals.

Damn dude... thats harsh. But Your Right! I do know what it takes and I did let myself down (a little). But honestly, I think the other replies here are right too, for the most part. I cant let one slip up affect me or my goals. I have been eating clean and training hard for weeks. Caught a bug from somewhere, and on top of it, I had to get a couple of inoculations for a trip I am taking out of the country, caused a fever spike. Didn't really eat for 2 days and today I was craving comfort food, got weak and I gave in. Tomorrow is a new day, I'll burn it off by skipping rope a couple of extra rounds. :bigsmile: I still got at least 6 more weeks of serious cardio training before I start my isolation / weight training again.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

Damn dude... thats harsh. But Your Right! I do know what it takes and I did let myself down (a little). But honestly, I think the other replies here are right too, for the most part. I cant let one slip up affect me or my goals. I have been eating clean and training hard for weeks. Caught a bug from somewhere, and on top of it, I had to get a couple of inoculations for a trip I am taking out of the country, caused a fever spike. Didn't really eat for 2 days and today I was craving comfort food, got weak and I gave in. Tomorrow is a new day, I'll burn it off by skipping rope a couple of extra rounds. :bigsmile: I still got at least 6 more weeks of serious cardio training before I start my isolation / weight training again.

You're right that was harsh. Normally I would tell someone it's just ok and let it go but hopefully the next time you decide to go off diet you will think about how you DON'T need comfort food. Save it until after the competition and GOOD LUCK!
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks man! I need the luck and a good kick in the *kitten* once in a while!
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I splurge like today, (hamburger, fries and vanilla shake) I exercise harder the next day and since I still feel full, it will be a very light dinner. It's tough dieting when the kids are out of school on the weekends. We humans are not perfect and I eat pizza at least once a week.