Exercises with a past injury?

Options
I'm looking to exercise, and ideally, I would love to be able to walk on a treadmill to start out, but we don't have one, nor the money to buy one. I dislocated my hip and ruptured two discs last year, so I'm fearful of doing an exercise that will end up hurting me, but I know I have to do something. I've got an appointment set up to meet with my doctor but it's not for a couple of weeks.

Anyone have any ideas on what kind of things I can do?

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to exercise, and ideally, I would love to be able to walk on a treadmill to start out, but we don't have one, nor the money to buy one. I dislocated my hip and ruptured two discs last year, so I'm fearful of doing an exercise that will end up hurting me, but I know I have to do something. I've got an appointment set up to meet with my doctor but it's not for a couple of weeks.

Anyone have any ideas on what kind of things I can do?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You could go for a walk-briskly, until you see the Doc, and then let him make the decision to your restrictions.:drinker:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm def. doing the walking thing.. believe me, after last year, I'm just happy I can walk again! lol
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have shoulder dyslocation probs and will be going for surgery AGAIN!. I have to really watch what I do-no pushups for sure:ohwell: