Hello all :)

Options
My name is Alyssa, and I am new to myfitnespal. I am so excited by the features it offers both on the website and on the iPhone app. I'm ready to get motivated and get fit!
Does anyone have any advice/tips for me?

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The tools available to you here will help a lot in terms of measuring your progress and understanding your nutritional needs. In terms of your forward motion on weight loss (if that's your goal), personally I think the key element is building that support network of people to hold you up, hold you accountable, drive you forward and cheer your success. I know it was invaluable for me. Long after I would have given up on me, I wouldn't let myself let my people down. It works.

Best of luck to you on your journey. If I can help, feel free to add me.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Don't let anyone discourage you from reaching your goal. If you work out with a friend you can have fun while you're losing weight. Most importantly, never give up and go at your own pace. Losing weight isn't a race.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You have to commit to change - exercise really helps, but the key is nutrition. If you can get a handle on what you eat - keep within your goal, know you're not perfect, success is there for you.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm currently in college to obtain my masters in dietetics and nutrition, so I have a handle on that part :) My husband, son and I are all very active, outdoorsy people, but for some reason I still don't seem to be making any progress. I know I'm at a plateau and that it's difficult to break through, but I am also stubborn and determined!