Newbie here from Minnesota =)

Options
I just joined up with MFP tonight.
I've got so many struggles with losing this weight. Finally after owning a pizza shop for the last 18 years, we are done. So know I am having to get into the habit of making meals at home and I need to make healthy meals! I spent too many years running the biz and became the drive thru queen. We would either eat there as a family, bring food home from the shop or drive thru because we were never able to be home before 9pm. Seriously I think we had a home cooked meal like once a week once the boys got older.
I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I need to find something healthy for that. My job that I have now, I can not get anything liquid thru security unless it is less than 3 ounces. So my lunches and dinners when I am working are so hard to plan and boring!!!!! I have to carry it around with me because most days my lunch break is maybe 20 minutes and that is not enough time to get to where our fridge an microwave are.
I've never been a sweets eater and neither are my boys. Thank goodness! The hubby is, but if I am doing the shopping, it does not get bought. But he is always wanting to get pizza for dinner!!!
Baby steps and one day it will be one step forward and not two steps back!!
~amy

Replies

• 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Wow how about a healthy sandwich since you have to carry it with you and can't use micro. Put one of those freezer disc in an insulated bag to keep cold if your allowed. If not how about peanut butter? Good luck in your journey. Fresh fruit and veggies can survive a little bit without cold.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hello from Minnesota!
    Goodluck on getting off the pizza train and start making healthy choices!
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Its going to be hard at first but once your mind is made up you will see you wont have to think about it as much. Once you are sick and tired of being sick and tired of not doing better for yourself physically you will make the change and keep it. I personally think that weight loss is 60% mental and you can break the rest down how ever you like...lol! I wish you the best of luck and you have picked a great site to join. I've gotten so much support here and I am becoming so proud of me... small steps eventually add up to big ones. 17lbs down and a lot more to go but I am encouraged and I hope you will be too, see you around. Good luck.. and p.s I love Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a Minnesoooootan, too :) Welcome to mfp!
  • busymnmom
    Options
    i have been doing healthy sandwiches, but so bored of them. I do pack usually radishes, cauliflower and carrots because I can eat those without any type of dip. Freezer discs they usually confiscate. So what I was doing was freezing a bag of peas and that sort of worked until I must of refreezed the bag to often and ice was in there and melted by the time I got thru security. So TSA tossed it. And I can't even bring yogurt in! =( Now if I was a flight attendant, I could bring whatever I wanted in, but as a lowly gate agent, nope.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    i hated breakfast before i started this sight. but i bucked up and did it. now i love BF!i cant wait to eat in the am cuz i dont have to feel guilty cuz i have all day to burn it. i eat a cup of oatmeal with spices and a little sugar, or egg whites with a little cheese or toast with pb. at first i was like yuck i hate all that, but after about a week my body was like yay. you get used to it and then depend on it and then you dont overeat anymore either. i used to think of food 24/7 and scheme with myself as to what was next while i was stuffing my face cuz i was in starvation mode from not eating breakfast and regular meals. now im never starving so bad i eat a ho bunch . its great and ive only been at it for 3 wks. good luck- add me as a friend! xoxo
  • busymnmom
    Options
    thanks for the welcomes!!!

:happy:
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    then eat a really big breakfast :)