I didn't eat just now

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
I am a teacher and I just received a call from a group doing a survey for the Nevada State Teachers Association and it really upset me. They are proposing a 6% decrease in teachers and state school employees salaries to fight the budget crisis. I already barely make ends meet what are they crazy. I would have to leave the state if that happens. I might stay until I finish my masters program but I could not afford to live here if they cut pay. We already rank 49th in the nation for money spent on schools I think they want to round the number up to 50th or something. Ugh!:sad:

But the best part is as soon as I hung up I went straight to the kitchen to find my old pal food. Instead I realized what I was doing and marched right back to the computer to type this post instead. Baby steps mis amigos. :smile:
Amy

118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    I am a teacher and I just received a call from a group doing a survey for the Nevada State Teachers Association and it really upset me. They are proposing a 6% decrease in teachers and state school employees salaries to fight the budget crisis. I already barely make ends meet what are they crazy. I would have to leave the state if that happens. I might stay until I finish my masters program but I could not afford to live here if they cut pay. We already rank 49th in the nation for money spent on schools I think they want to round the number up to 50th or something. Ugh!:sad:

But the best part is as soon as I hung up I went straight to the kitchen to find my old pal food. Instead I realized what I was doing and marched right back to the computer to type this post instead. Baby steps mis amigos. :smile:
    Amy

118984.png
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good job, Amy! That might be a baby step to you, but I think that is a HUGE thing! WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    congratulations on making the right decision.

If you have to move, come on over to Cali- my first year teacher pay was $45,500.

Way better than I was looking at in Reno, before we moved.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a huge step, Amy...congrats to you!

:heart: Shuntae
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    :drinker: I agree!! Way to go! That takes dedication!!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Thanks all and lucky I may see you soon if it happens, I really do not want to move back East.
    Amy

118984.png
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I think that is one MAJOR step in the right direction, great job!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    WTG Amy! Small steps lead to really big successes! Great job. Keep up the great work.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Utah is always looking for good teachers! Come out my way! :smile:
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Time to invest in a punching bag!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Way to go Amy! That is really great! Keep it up hun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!