Just a thought on fat....

Options
:smile: So I thought that going a day eating foods that contain no fat would be a healthy decision for me. I thought that it would help me burn some fat because my body would have to use the fat that is already has. Well, tomorrow I start a nurtition class and I have already read the first chapter and come to find out, fat is a more important nutrient than protein. I couldn't have been more wrong about my thoughts. Just felt like posting this for no particular reason.

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    :smile: So I thought that going a day eating foods that contain no fat would be a healthy decision for me. I thought that it would help me burn some fat because my body would have to use the fat that is already has. Well, tomorrow I start a nurtition class and I have already read the first chapter and come to find out, fat is a more important nutrient than protein. I couldn't have been more wrong about my thoughts. Just felt like posting this for no particular reason.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yeppers! Good fats like in nuts, the omegas, are essencial to brain function. I love it when mine functions!:laugh:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • gvan90
    gvan90 Posts: 2
    Options
    fat also helps to satiate you and stop you from feeling hungry. i try to have some kind of snack with "good" fat later in the day.