how many times per week do you workout?

Options
i was going to take today off because i've worked out the past 4 days in a row.
i didn't eat great tonight (pizza and ice cream) but i didn't go over my calories.
i shouldn't feel guilty about taking 1 night off right? as long as it doesn't lead to a bunch of nights off....

i plan to get right back at it tomorrow. i just feel guilty - like i'm being lazy by not working out today.

how many times a week do you all work out?

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i was going to take today off because i've worked out the past 4 days in a row.
    i didn't eat great tonight (pizza and ice cream) but i didn't go over my calories.
    i shouldn't feel guilty about taking 1 night off right? as long as it doesn't lead to a bunch of nights off....

i plan to get right back at it tomorrow. i just feel guilty - like i'm being lazy by not working out today.

how many times a week do you all work out?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I just work out when I can and not too sore or just plain too tired. I don't think there is anything saying you have to work out every single day. If you did 4 days in a row then good for you!! I didn't do anything actually Thursday or Friday at all and then I busted butt Saturday and today. I worked Monday-Wednesday 12 hours and did some exercising Monday evening but that was how my week went. I say workout when you can and taking a day off will let your muscles heal and give them a rest that they need.
  • 1hotmama
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. I try to do 1 hour of cardio everyday with 100 sit ups and then 30 min. of muscle training every other day rotating between upper body (arms) and lower body (legs). So 3 days a week it's an hour and 3 days a week it's an hour and a half. As a newbie to exercise I don't think I could stick to it with out the encouragement of my husband though. For me it's getting started that's hard, once I'm going, I'm good to finish. I don't work myself to the limit or else I know I won't want to do any more days, so I take it one day at a time and gradually increase my weights or run instead of walk.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my arms had been getting worked every day so i figured they need some time off. maybe sunday will just be my down day. it was hard to get motivated today. it was rainy. the baby was being exra demanding. my 10yr old had a friend over and daddy was gone for the day. right when i went to get motivated to get out of the house for a while i got a golden shower from baby boy. so i dumped his cute little booty in the bath where he peed on me yet again..........he sure loves me huh!!!!

i guess i just feel guilty cause i'd been doing so good and eating good and then bam here comes pizza and ice cream. i'll work out twice as hard tomorrow.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I work out a lot- 90 min 1 day (broken in half), 60 min 4 days (broken in half), 30 mins 1 day, and 1 day off.
    Some weeks I take off 2 days. The first day back is the worst for me. Just remember to get back on the horse asap.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not a good example but I work out 3 days a week... some times 2 for 30 min to 90 minutes depending on how I feel. Its been working for me so far. Sometimes if I have a bad day eating I'll throw in an extra work out.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. I try to do cardo four days,2 circuits(which i include in the cardio) a week and a fullbody weightlifting workout. My workouts range from 35-60mins depending on my energy level. :smile:
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    4x a week right now---> after watching biggest loser I want to up it to 6x! Their weight just melted off!
  • greeneyedgirl
    Options
    I pretty much work out 7 days a week except for when my gym closes for holidays and such.
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually workout 5-6 days a week, for 1-2 hours a day.