When do you give away the clothes that are too big?

Options
2»

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    When I went from a 40"/38" to a 36" waist.

Gave my clothes away, to cement the fact that I'm now a lot smaller and won't be 'falling back' on my larger clothes.

To celebrate, I bought a lot of new summer clothes, 36" shorts and such.
  • redhead91
    Options
    I've already gotten rid of pants that are too big and plan to never keep any pants. The shirts that are too big, but that I can't bring myself to get rid of I'm boxing up for when I get pregnant. I wear a lot of lose, flowy shirts that will be perfect for pregnancy :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wait for 12 months before I get rid of any of my clothes. I don't want to ever fit back in them, but don't want to spend $$ until I've maintained and lost more weight for at least one year. I have lots of storage room in my home, so it's not a big deal to me.
  • jpfrimmer
    Options
    I picked through my winter work outfits that I considered worth keeping and then I took two skirts, three pants, two jackets to a really good tailor two weeks ago. I will pick them up next week. the rest I donated to Goodwill. I plan to be at maintenance by January so I will hit the sales since I expect my tailored clothes will be both too small and non-alterable. Now I need a plan of action for next spring and summer.

I was thinking about taking a few of my work clothes to a tailor once I get to my goal as well. Do you mind sharing how much they are charging you for taking your clothes in? Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!