Fellow Runners and Cold Weather

Does anyone have any suggestions on good cold weather gear thjat isn't crazy expensive?
I don't wantto give up my morning jogs due to cold weathe and lack of proper clothing this year but I don't have forty-some dollars to spend on each article of clothing like Under Armor or something :( I'm not a fan of long runs on the treadmill, so I am hoping to find something but so far no luck!
Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• Sports Authority usually has good clearance items.
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 99 Member
    sierratradingpost.com
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    It doesn't have to be expensive stuff. You can layer with long sleeves/t-shirt/fleece and wear regular gloves.
    I'd def recommend ear muffs or a hat if you don't have them already, though.
  • hzarack
    hzarack Posts: 9 Member
    If I were you I'd spend the extra money and get the good stuff. Layering lots of clothes can make it very difficult to run, makes you feel like you can't move. I'm from Cleveland where it gets really cold in the winter and I wear the Nike cold gear. Yeah it's a little more expensive but it's going to last longer and keep you warm. As for gloves i just buy the cheap ones from Wal-Mart or Target that are like liners. And i use the winter head bands from there as well.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    I invested in a long sleeve Under Armor Cold Gear compression shirt last year right before the winter and it was the best purchase I ever made. It was well worth the money and I layered on top of it. This year I'll be getting some bottoms. The cheap ones I bought last year just didn't cut it when it's freezing in January.

If you go in off season that is the best time to buy Under Armor. I bought all my rain gear this time of year when it was half price. I use it alot!! I actually ended up wearing my rain gear over my winter running clothes for a rainy race in December. It was awesome not to be wet and cold.

As for places to buy, not sure. I'm in Canada so that probably doesn't help you out much.