Food Network

Options
I am watching Foodnetwork....I know, its my sinful addiction. At least its better to watch than eat. Hahahaa!!! Anyways, I am really liking Hungry Girl. Its the second time I see it but its so wonderful that she gives you healthy options and tells you how much calories you are consuming. I love almost all of the chefs, but lets be honest... Paula Deen does not help the diet.

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am watching Food Network right now too! I just watched Hungry Girl :) She really is great.
  • pritichandran
    pritichandran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree that Paula doesn't help at all! I've never been able to watch her shows, nor do the Neely's. I love Barefoot Contessa, Giada, Good Eats, Healthy Appetite and so many more. America's Test Kitchen airs a weekly show on PBS too. I love the recipes from their Healthy Family Cookbook.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just watched Hungry Girl too! She has a web site, and a daily newsletter you can sign up for. I like her healthy swaps for restaurant foods. Today I'm making her Sassy Wanton Tacos - they are a healthier version of an appetizer Appplebee's does - my husband says they taste better than the ones in the restaurant!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i used to watch all the time all of them especially paula but since i started this i figured i better stay away it makes me hungry but i do watch hungry girl
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    Food Network is my guilty pleasure as well! I love watching the Neely's (not much help for the diet either, lol) My favorite has to be Giada De Laurentiis. She's SUPER healthy but she has shown me that eating healthy doesn't have to be bland and boring. Ms Paula Deen however, whooo! lol! My hips get to spreading just from looking at her show! lol!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    i used to watch all the time all of them especially paula but since i started this i figured i better stay away it makes me hungry but i do watch hungry girl

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets hungry watching the food network. I don't care for Hungry Girl, but I'm not a big processed food eater. I think she gives good lower calorie options for those who prefer those types of foods.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    LOL, They are all great, and with my addiction I can't watch from Paula to Emeril to Hungry Girl and the Neelys. They are all fantastic and I get hungry so I don't turn on for now. I do love the Food Network and for Xmas will be makeing that Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake, for the family of course..Lol
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    for Xmas will be makeing that Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake, for the family of course..Lol

sounds yummy!