need to vent

Options
I went from 205 to 198 which I'm super excited because it seems I been in the 200's forever but then my mom I don't know if she's just mad for not losing or what but she said 198 is still close to 200 dont know why your so excited to me you dont even look like you lost any and then my grandma said you still look like 9 months pregnant with twins to me but o was surprised when my dad which I don't really get along to great with and said she looks like she lost weight to me
but I never get support from my family that's why I'm glad I have MFP

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Some people are just ****. Sorry to say. And sorry to hear. Keep doing what you are doing.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You're doing great!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is something to be super excited about!! Don't let her comment cheapen the progress you have made. A pound is a pound and they add up!! I love MFP too, it keeps me in check more than any person has.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    They are just jealous and want to bring you down so they don't have to focus on themselves! Keep doing what you're doing! Best of luck! Do this for you and your health!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad for you! From your Mom & Grandma? :huh: You keep on, you are doing great!
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Get your support here and remember you can pick your friends, but not your family
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm sorry about your family...... thats so ****ty. Just know that youre doing amazing..... and that is an amazing achievement to me :-)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    That is pretty horrible. When you get older you will realize someday that abuse is NEVER ok, even if it's from your mom & grandma.

Perhaps just stop sharing numbers (until it's WAY below 200) and just show off clothes and challenge them to push up contests - stuff like that
    for Christmas, I'd get them Etiquette classes - but that's just me, and why I am WICKED cricket

GOOD JOB - YOU are a winner - never forget that
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that ugly talk! You are doing just great!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    That's a terrible thing for a family member-especially a mother to say. That's a major breakthrough you had, sometimes when people see someone take charge of their lives they get a little upset and take it out on them, just keep it up and show her. You have positive people on here to encourage you. Hopefully their attitudes change soon.
  • ashlenz
    ashlenz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im sorry to hear you don't have the greatest support system at home but just know that what you are doing is to better yourself. Just think about how great it will feel when you get to your goal weight and you can show them just how hard you worked. MFP is what keeps me on track and I'm SO thankful for that!
    Keep up the good work! you'll get to that goal eventually :D
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that those things were said to you, by family no less...it's hard to understand why our loved ones are not more supportive at times. But, for your sake, keep doing what are doing because you are doing great! Keep your eyes on the target, and forge ahead with support from MFP and you will reach your goals...You are awesome! <3
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    That can be so hard on you mentally and emotionally. You should really feel proud of your accomplishments. It doesn't matter if 198 is close to 200, you are STILL UNDER the 200 pds. Keep your chin up and don't worry about what anyone else says. You are doing so well.
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It seems family is so supportive, then can cut you down with one statement. I have been waiting for my mom to say something bad for weeks and she finally played her part yesterday( and she is dieting with me!) Sometimes family is scared that when you lose the weight that you won't need them anymore, including mothers that want you to live with them or boyfriends that are just scared of you trading up. Just don't let them sabotage you, good luck and we are always here for you. Welcome to ONEderland and enjoy your success. Do the happy dance!!!!
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Every pound counts, so don't let them bring you down! I'm celebrating with you! Keep up the good work!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    That is awful you had to hear that. 7lbs is great and you should be proud of that! Just think, you've pretty much lost the equilivent of a gallon of milk!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it...MFPers think you are doing great. Also, use this as motivation to prove them wrong :).
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't let them get you down. What you have done is fantastic, don't let anyone tell you any different!
    Sometimes people say things to us that really, they don't mean. In all honesty I think it boils down to jealousy. Some people don't like other people to do so well and to make you think that too then makes them feel better.

We're proud of you, you are under 200! That is a huge accomplishment! I hope YOU are proud of YOU too!
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like they are envious.

I don't think its because they deliberately want to hurt you (although I am sure they did), I think its more like if they deny your weight loss then they don't have to face their own issues that they are not achieving (whether that is also weight loss or something else).

Maybe try to be sad for them for their own inner battles .... and delighted with yourself!!! You have done a great job!!!

WELL DONE :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    You just keep at it! You're doing the right thing, and nothing jealous people (even jealous relatives) say should take you off your course. Besides, you can ALWAYS come here for support! I read in one of my fitness magazines that getting support from sites like this online can be even more effective in keeping you on track then the people around you. Stay strong!