Loosing 1lb per week

Options
The first week I started my dieting and exercising I lost 6lbs, but after that I've been loosing about 1lb a week. It feels like that's very little. I just feel like I should be loosing more.

Replies

• craftykimmer
    craftykimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is very discouraging right!? But I wouldn't feel too bad. You are creating a 3500 calorie deficit each week to loose that pound. That is a great accomplishment and required real discipline! Good for you.

Personally I can't stand the scale. I work out with a trainer 3 times a week and do a lot of strength training with cardio. My scale is constantly going up or down by 5 pounds. Some times I just want to kick the darn thing across the room. But I take my measurements every week. In 3 months I have lost 8 1/2 inches over all. So I guess something is going on, but it sure would be nice to see the scale move.
  • marisol_cd
    Options
    Yes! I never measure, maybe I should so I could measure my progress more accurately. Maybe you haven't lost much weight because you've gained a lot of muscle. I don't do much weights, but I do a lot of cardio. I figure if I keep loosing at this rate, I'll be at my target weight in at least 6 months.
  • craftykimmer
    craftykimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! I never measure, maybe I should so I could measure my progress more accurately. Maybe you haven't lost much weight because you've gained a lot of muscle. I don't do much weights, but I do a lot of cardio. I figure if I keep loosing at this rate, I'll be at my target weight in at least 6 months.

I hope that's it! I really wish I knew how much and how fast one gains muscle..