Dr OZ... Could You Do It For A Million Bucks?

Options
Dr Oz has been doing a teaser ad that says he's going to give a MILLION DOLLARS to someone and it has to do with weigth loss. I'm curious as to what it's about. He will be revealing the particulars on Monday's show.

When my ex was teaching and a student would say that they couldn't do something he's comeback would always be..."Could you do it for a million bucks?" And of course they would say "Yes" to which he would reply, "Then it's not that you CAN"T do it, it's that you aren't MOTOVATED to do it!"

So my question to you is....

Could you lose weight for a MILLION BUCKS?

Will you be taking part in his challenge?

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'd do nearly anything for 1million excluding murder or any kind of abusive action. :bigsmile:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I love how the question is posed.. In other words, WHAT motivates you?

I could lose weight for a million .. lol.. I'm doing it now for ME, but Hey a million could help! :bigsmile:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I could lose weight for a million bucks. I can do it for almost nothing. The difficult part for me is keeping it off. That's what I struggle with.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I love how the question is posed.. In other words, WHAT motivates you?

I could lose weight for a million .. lol.. I'm doing it now for ME, but Hey a million could help! :bigsmile:

took the words outta my mouth
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I think I might end up "over motivated" and sabotage myself by skipping meals and stuff. (A million bucks would mean not worrying about being jobless, which would be SO great....) I know skipping meals is bad, but I'd play head games with myself. I may tune into the show tomorrow though. I hope this isn't "whoever loses the most wins" because it could really backfire on the health of the contestants. But then, I should give Dr. Oz more credit than that.
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Monica_has_a_gc. I am doing this for myself but if someone offered me a million dollars to lose the weight it would definatley help with the motivation to keep it going and not get down. I would be up to the challenge. Now I guess I will have to watch to see what it's all about! Lol!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    if you do anything for any other reason than that it is for you....then it is not going to last. i think the only exception on that is if you help someone else in a bad situation....even then it is usually because it makes you happy to do that for them. i have lost weight many times before; for the boyfriend or parents wanted me to and it came right back and brought friends....this time it is for only ME and it will stay off! i agree that it would be super sweet to get a million dollars as a bonus...LOL
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    absolutely! Tell us more if you find out where and what this is? Maybe how to sign up?
  • margiemommy
    margiemommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    where do i sign up that might motivate me even more to lose the wieght and i need all the motivation i can get
    you can read more about it on www.doctorozshow.com it tells u everything about the challangeand u have to be taking part in the sharecare program if u aren't already using it it is kinda like this but not as good it is easy to start it though u just have to go the the website i listed above and look under the move it to lose it challenge
    good luck
  • Davey2412
    Options
    I think this has something to do with Weight Watchers too because I used to be on WW and still get the occasional email from them. It mentioned teaming up with Dr.Oz but didn't give a lot of details.

Either way, I think a million bucks would really motivate me :bigsmile:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    if you do anything for any other reason than that it is for you....then it is not going to last. i think the only exception on that is if you help someone else in a bad situation....even then it is usually because it makes you happy to do that for them. i have lost weight many times before; for the boyfriend or parents wanted me to and it came right back and brought friends....this time it is for only ME and it will stay off! i agree that it would be super sweet to get a million dollars as a bonus...LOL

I have not been very successful in doing it "just for me." I agree that doing it for you is the most healthy reason to do anything but sometimes it's just not enough. I have a house that I have not been able to live in because of the recession. A million buck would put me back in my house and allow me to work part-time while I finish college. Now THAT"S motovation for me!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I lost over 50 lbs in 100 days. where my million bucks?
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    the link for the info is...

http://sharecare.doctoroz.com/
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I looked at the Dr. Oz site and it seems like you have to be participating in WW...or am I reading that wrong? It mentions that you need to weigh in at a WW, but does that mean you actually have to be on WW?
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I looked at the Dr. Oz site and it seems like you have to be participating in WW...or am I reading that wrong? It mentions that you need to weigh in at a WW, but does that mean you actually have to be on WW?

I would think that they would have a hard time requiring you to join WW to do the challenge. I think there are state laws that prohibit that...but I could be wrong. Maybe it's just a way to be uniform about the weigh-in. Other wise how would you prove your begining weight?
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I lost over 50 lbs in 100 days. where my million bucks?

I mailed you a check....you didn't get it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    They already have some of the information online. It is a partnership with Weight Watchers and Sharecare. It says no purchase necessary, but I have a feeling Weight Watchers has some pull in. The entries must be received by 4/9/2012 ... so it would seem it won't officially rev up until then. But I think it's fair to say that for a million dollars most people would be more motivated. We all know we CAN do it, but sometimes we lose focus on what we are doing because of other obligations in our lives ...often financial stresses. So, if i had a real chance at winning 1 million dollars, then yes I'd probably be one crazy weight-loss-zilla kinda chica!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I spoke too soon. Apparently the winner will be announced 5/23/2012.

In partnership with Weight Watchers, the official weigh-ins for Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You program ensures that participants in the program have verified starting and ending weights to determine their eligibility for any associated prizes. Participants must visit a participating Weight Watchers location for an initial verified weigh-in between 9/26/11 and /26/12 and then again for a final verified weigh-in between 4/2/12 and 4/9/12.

Nothing is required for your weigh-ins at Weight Watchers. However, be sure to hold on to the Official Weigh-In Form provided at each of your weigh-ins to log into the Transformation Nation program online and for verification if you are selected as a finalist.

With so many Weight Watchers locations participating nationwide and the need to go for an official weigh-in only twice through the course of the program, we hope that you can find a location that suits your needs. If not, we still encourage you to take part in Transformation Nation, but you will not be eligible for the $1 million dollar prize which requires Weight Watchers verified weigh-ins.

The steps for the program do not need to be completed in order. However, official verified weigh-ins can only be completed within certain timeframes. Participants must visit a participating Weight Watchers location for an initial verified weigh-in between 9/2611 and 2/26/12 and then again for a final verified weigh-in between 4/2/12 and 4/912.

But here is the strangest thing ... it says you have to have a normal BMI between 18.5 to 24.9! LOL What kinda challenge is that? Alright well, I guess lets see what happens tomorrow. LOL
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'd do nearly anything for 1million excluding murder or any kind of abusive action. :bigsmile:

Ya pretty much! lol
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I spoke too soon. Apparently the winner will be announced 5/23/2012.

In partnership with Weight Watchers, the official weigh-ins for Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You program ensures that participants in the program have verified starting and ending weights to determine their eligibility for any associated prizes. Participants must visit a participating Weight Watchers location for an initial verified weigh-in between 9/26/11 and /26/12 and then again for a final verified weigh-in between 4/2/12 and 4/9/12.

Nothing is required for your weigh-ins at Weight Watchers. However, be sure to hold on to the Official Weigh-In Form provided at each of your weigh-ins to log into the Transformation Nation program online and for verification if you are selected as a finalist.

With so many Weight Watchers locations participating nationwide and the need to go for an official weigh-in only twice through the course of the program, we hope that you can find a location that suits your needs. If not, we still encourage you to take part in Transformation Nation, but you will not be eligible for the $1 million dollar prize which requires Weight Watchers verified weigh-ins.

The steps for the program do not need to be completed in order. However, official verified weigh-ins can only be completed within certain timeframes. Participants must visit a participating Weight Watchers location for an initial verified weigh-in between 9/2611 and 2/26/12 and then again for a final verified weigh-in between 4/2/12 and 4/912.

But here is the strangest thing ... it says you have to have a normal BMI between 18.5 to 24.9! LOL What kinda challenge is that? Alright well, I guess lets see what happens tomorrow. LOL

Thank you for this info. I bet the WW locations are going to be hit hard on the 26th!