Fiber Help Needed

Options
My was reading about a girl that lost a bunch of weight by eating fiber.
What foods are highest in fiber and I have and isn't there a couple different types of fiber???? Which is the kind you want?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! I want to incorporate 35 grams a day while dealing with my kids' food allergies.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My was reading about a girl that lost a bunch of weight by eating fiber.
    What foods are highest in fiber and I have and isn't there a couple different types of fiber???? Which is the kind you want?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! I want to incorporate 35 grams a day while dealing with my kids' food allergies.

Thanks in advance.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I add milled flax to all my baked goods and I eat very whole grain bread- sprouted grain w/o flour. The Kashi Friends cereal has 50% of daily for 12 or 13 grams I think. I use all bran and fiber one cereals to make muffins. What allergies do they have?

Soluble is heart healthy cholesterol lowering and insoluble is the keep everything moving and cleansed fiber. We need both. Soluble fiber helps lower the glycemic load of foods. Insoluble pushes them on through. That's why the French eat their salads at the end of a meal instead of the beginning. It pushes through all the unwanted fat.

Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Beans are a good source of fiber - probably the highest.

I usually get at least 30 g/day - it's not that hard to hit if you eat 5 fruits/veggies a day and all whole grains (ww breads, brown rice, etc). Some days I've gotten as much as 40 grams of fiber - though I'm paying for it the next day! :laugh:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Fiber one everything. I just tried the pancake mix....yummmmmy. Even my daughter and boyfriend will eat it! Put low sugar syrup on it and it rocks my world.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Be careful with Fiber one products they also have a lot of sugars and corn syrup if you are trying to avoid that. How could I forget beans?? I'm eating them right now,LOL!
    Amy

118984.png
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Be careful with Fiber one products they also have a lot of sugars and corn syrup if you are trying to avoid that. How could I forget beans?? I'm eating them right now,LOL!
    Amy

118984.png

I guess i didnt even look!! mb thats why we all like it so much...lol
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I add milled flax to all my baked goods and I eat very whole grain bread- sprouted grain w/o flour. The Kashi Friends cereal has 50% of daily for 12 or 13 grams I think. I use all bran and fiber one cereals to make muffins. What allergies do they have?

Soluble is heart healthy cholesterol lowering and insoluble is the keep everything moving and cleansed fiber. We need both. Soluble fiber helps lower the glycemic load of foods. Insoluble pushes them on through. That's why the French eat their salads at the end of a meal instead of the beginning. It pushes through all the unwanted fat.

Amy

118984.png

My son is allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree-nuts, tomatoes, spinach and dog saliva... And that is just so far. My 3 year old is mildly allergic to peanuts and soy. The doc said I can keep giving her soy as long as her reactions don't get worse.

I haven't tried switching any of my recipes that call for all-purpose or white flour over the any other type of flour (because I am scared that things will taste funny and no one will like them.

Beans... I like kidney beans and pinto beans. I will have to be more vigilant about added them into my diet.