Hurt Foot from Running

Options
I went on a run last Tuesday night 9/20 and I hurt my foot really bad. It hurts to walk on it and it feels like it's on the underneath side of my foot. I think it's because I have not gone on a run for a couple weeks and I pushed myself for an extra long 6mile run. Not smart, but now I don't know how to excersize with my foot in pain. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone ever experienced something like this?

Replies

• alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This could be plantar faciitis. Causes pain under the foot and in the heel. I am currently suffering with pain in my heel. I have exercises where I stand on the edge of a step and drop my heel down slowly to stretch out the muscles. The muscle that can give you P.F runs along the underside of your foot. Plenty of info on MFP on this condition or Google it. You may need to ge it checked out tho.

Good luck.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    This could be plantar faciitis. Causes pain under the foot and in the heel. I am currently suffering with pain in my heel. I have exercises where I stand on the edge of a step and drop my heel down slowly to stretch out the muscles. The muscle that can give you P.F runs along the underside of your foot. Plenty of info on MFP on this condition or Google it. You may need to ge it checked out tho.

Good luck.

Most likely culprit. When I have had it, it is like stepping on a pin cushion. Ouch.

I'd have it looked at and maybe some physio therapy.

Good luck!