Did a good thing ....

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
So Friday afternoon I was on my way to the store to get the ingredients for a soup. Well I get almost to the busy highway and a black dog darted right out in front of me. Luckily we weren't on the busy highway yet. So I pulled over and coaxed him into my car. He was the sweetest little guy. He looks like a mix between sheep dog and lab but not real big. Anyway, I'm thinking, what am I going to do with this dog because I have 5 of my own and the "boys" would never allow another male in the yard. So I drove to the no kill animal shelter but they wouldn't take him without a $100 surrender fee, I didn't have that kind of money and I didn't want to put him back out on the street so I took him home, fed him and hoped he would find his way back home in the neighbor hood. Well, he just stayed on my porch and scratched at the door to come in. AWWWWW. So I called my son/daughter in law and took him over there to see how he would do.
WELL....... They called me today to tell me how much they LOVE Al (they named him Al). They took him and got him shots and then took him to Petsmart for a grooming. So I feel really good that I was able to save at least one dog from certain death!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    So Friday afternoon I was on my way to the store to get the ingredients for a soup. Well I get almost to the busy highway and a black dog darted right out in front of me. Luckily we weren't on the busy highway yet. So I pulled over and coaxed him into my car. He was the sweetest little guy. He looks like a mix between sheep dog and lab but not real big. Anyway, I'm thinking, what am I going to do with this dog because I have 5 of my own and the "boys" would never allow another male in the yard. So I drove to the no kill animal shelter but they wouldn't take him without a $100 surrender fee, I didn't have that kind of money and I didn't want to put him back out on the street so I took him home, fed him and hoped he would find his way back home in the neighbor hood. Well, he just stayed on my porch and scratched at the door to come in. AWWWWW. So I called my son/daughter in law and took him over there to see how he would do.
    WELL....... They called me today to tell me how much they LOVE Al (they named him Al). They took him and got him shots and then took him to Petsmart for a grooming. So I feel really good that I was able to save at least one dog from certain death!

Memaw
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    this sounds like a simular story to mine. We found a dog and well we only had one dog so we ended up keeping him. We are going to be bringing him in to get his shots and fixed. WAY TO GO!! cheers to us.:drinker:
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Awwww...that is great you guys, both of you...I am a vet tech and devote my time to helping animals...I love hearing stories when people do things like this and don't "turn their back" on helpless animals. Kudos to you guys!!!!!! Enjoy the new additions to your family.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    you are a godsend to that little guy the other day my dad and I almost hit a poohie and sadly very very very very VERY sadly god help him the car on the other side wasnt able to stop. I cried the entire way home and lost my appetite and almost didnt wanna watch the biggest loser. I hope the little guy was alright thank god you were there to save him.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    I worked at a shelter. One day on the way to work, on a busy 6-lane road out pops a little white fluff dog. I screeched to a stop, called him and he jumped right in. He was wearing a collar, so I called but no answer and I didn't recognise the address and had to get to work.

I took him in the shelter. They gave him shots and an hour later his mom showed up. He was scared and had run away because of some heavy equipment - they had been out looking for him.

She was so glad to get him back.

Later I was told she made a $1,000 donation to the (private) shelter where I worked. That gift saved so many animals! She'll never know how grateful I was to have saved her pup. :flowerforyou: