Walking

Options
Exercise has always been my arch enemy. Used to play a bit of football in my younger days, but am long-since past the stage of being able to play. I hate the gym with a passion, so the only thing I really do is walking.

I've started walking 2-3 miles a day at 3mph (enough to get me sweating) and it certainly seems to help as the weight is coming off - although that could be mainly due to the strict diet.

Has anyone here lost big amounts by using walking as their main exercise?

Replies

• kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Exercise has always been my arch enemy. Used to play a bit of football in my younger days, but am long-since past the stage of being able to play. I hate the gym with a passion, so the only thing I really do is walking.

I've started walking 2-3 miles a day at 3mph (enough to get me sweating) and it certainly seems to help as the weight is coming off - although that could be mainly due to the strict diet.

Has anyone here lost big amounts by using walking as their main exercise?
    Whe I'm working in London, I walk between Liverpool St and London Bridge stations and actually burn more Calories than I do cycling for the same about of time.

Walking is an excelelnt way to get fit and lose weight. And walking 2-3 miles a day is a great effort. Why run and knacker your knees when you can walk, burn the same calories over distance and do something you actually enjoy!
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My knees certainly wouldn't allow me to run until I get quite a bit fitter. I'm hoping to get back in the pool eventually too. Walking seems to work for me at the minute.