At Home Exercises..

Options
and no, not dvds. I'm wanting to get some ideas of ways I can move when I don't feel like going to the gym or watching some dvd. I do dips with table, squats, dancing to music, crunches while watching t.v., and you can forget real push ups. I try to do the assisted kind, but trying to improve all the while. So, what about you? Do you have any other exercises as the such?

Replies

• kassied09
    Options
    I like to run up and down my stairs if i am doing laundry. or lunges while cleaning.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    leg raises, leg curls, jumping jacks, butt kicks, kickbacks, then you can try all kinds of crunches- side etc - turkish sit ups, chin ups, hip raises (aka bridge), donkey kicks ...
    lots of my MFP friends are challenging themselves to do 100 or more jumping jacks a day (not all at once of course) etc
    Jillian is a fiend on the jumping jacks so I think there's something to it
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I did some butt kicks while cleaning today....lol
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Try Wii fit, the cardio exercises especially the hula hop is great
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    When I get bored or want to move without going outside or going to a gym I do yoga. I go on different websites and print out instructions and do different ones all the time. No having to watch the T.V. or the comp. screen. And no having to go outside. Some moves are harder then I ever thought.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do this all the time when I get tired of my DVDs. I usually put on some good music and do circuit training including cardio and strength training, including the following:
    jumping jacks
    running in place
    walking in place
    squats
    lunges
    hand weight work (overhead extensions, holding while doing the squats/lunges, biceps, back, etc)
    sit ups
    sounds pretty similar to what you do actually
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    What about jumping jacks? I recentIy started doing 200 jumping jacks a day. I cant do it aII at once but I make sure before I go to bed that I've done aII 200 of them.
    AIso try pIanks whiIe watching TV. I try to do them during commerciaI breaks (key word is TRY, hehehe).
    Best wishes!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    shadow box... punches, kicks, etc. keep it moving Jumping jacks and butt kicks are good too.
    Umm... also burpies are good