Cereal? Types? Help?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @ Telio - the FDA recommends 20 g of sugar per day for an adult. Virtually ALL Americans eat 3 or 4 times the recommended amt.
    I eat oatmeal at least twice a week with stevia for sweetness - surprisingly, cinnamon toast crunch is one of my favorites and not as high in sugar as most - I'm still reading labels on this too

Yes of added sugars. It is low on here if you account for fruit sugars, which some people eat a lot of.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I like to mix up my own muesli. Take oats and or barley flakes and add chopped/slivered nuts, dried fruit and cinnamon.
  • michellezzz
    Options
    kashi golean with a little fruit is the best!
  • hanky1
    Options
    Oatibix all the way! I like the biscuit ones, they're a bit like weetabix but loads better. Keep you full for ages, especially if you warm it in the micro for a few mins. All in all it's under 300 calories for 2 biscuits with milk (that's maybe a bit more than a lot of cereals but it's worth it).
  • unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, they still sell it but only this time of year. Once Halloween passes, it gets taken off the shelves till next year. Don't know where you live, but ACME and Shoprite has it.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of thick porridge with cinnamon and apple compote added during cooking. Maybe a teaspoon of honey or some stevia too if I have a sweet tooth. Mmmm. Warms you up. Perfect for autumn.