I am new and doing it alone on this site!

Options
Hey all.....

Just this site alone is pretty fun to me, I have a lot of time on my hands right now. LOL. I've been doing this for about a week and lost a pound and a half. I am home from military training, had an injury and couldn't run for 4 months, gained some weight, and now just sitting around waiting to switch to Active Duty to get stationed with my fabulous husband. So, I figure....I need to get back in shape and change my eating habits. But having no one to talk to on here got boring fast!

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site and support on here is great! Good luck to you and feel free to add me! :)
  • crutchgirl
    Options
    I joined a couple weeks ago and have found a lot of motivation and support! I have been dealing with an injury for 11 months and have gained about 50 lbs. I am not active duty but my hubby is so I understand the stress of being apart. Please add me if you would like and I will be glad to talk! Welcome and good luck!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using MFP since last March when I became unemployed and had a lot of time on my hands. Now I'm back to working and addicted to logging my foods and exercise, but I only recently discovered the message boards and now I'm more addicted then ever! Love it!

a pound and a half a week is great! Wonderful job!
  • Rozzymoo
    Options
    I've found the site really useful and the support is great. My weight has gradually reduced - slowly but steadily.
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    good plan!!! welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! add me if u lik!
  • the_new_me
    Options
    This site is good to follow. I had a back injury and like you was inactive. Since starting it I have lost 40 lbs. keep it up....
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    add me for motivation and support if you'd like :)

and welcome!

I have been on here a little over a month but have just started getting serious and I am now down 3.6 pounds!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too xx
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    post on the boards, and let friends come to you!!!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too xx
  • sava624
    Options
    you started well with posting and you will find people will come to you and gather a few friends on facebook.........i did as support and my fitnesspal and it are two best things i did for weight and self........this very motivational tool...........good luck and look forward to seeing you around on posts
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck on your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here. It is a great community to be a part of!!
  • docdevore
    docdevore Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You won't be alone on this site. Thanks for posting. Add me if you want!
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! X
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We can all use the extra support and motivation!