Need to loose 10-20lbs by Birthday!!!

Options
Ok I want to set me a new goal and I need some advice!! My birthday is Oct.13 and I want to loose 10-20lbs so what do I need to do to get this weight off? I knwo I need to beef up my workouts but do anyone else know of ways or ideas so that I can make this happen by my birthday!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP PALS !!!!

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Ok I want to set me a new goal and I need some advice!! My birthday is Oct.13 and I want to loose 10-20lbs so what do I need to do to get this weight off? I knwo I need to beef up my workouts but do anyone else know of ways or ideas so that I can make this happen by my birthday!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP PALS !!!!

Amputation.

Take an arm, a leg, left buttcheek. Thats about the only way you can lose 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks.

Seriously, slow and steady wins the race. Even if you LITERALLY ate nothing, you couldn't get there. Plus, you would die.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Honestly in just over 2 weeks the absolute BEST you should hope for is 4-5 pounds. And that is with very careful, controlled eating.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    10 to 20 pounds by Christmas is a good pace weight loss. The goal is 1 to 2 pounds a week, max, because rapid weight loss comes with its own health issues.

Work towards 20 by Christmas. You have 13 weeks, so that's 1.5 per week, or a calorie deficit of about 700 a day. You can make that deficit up by diet alone, or add some exercise and burn the calories off.

Twenty pounds in 19 days is not healthy.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Thats quite a goal in 2 weeks.....Can you take that amt off and be healthy...I'd say No!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    are you a troll trolling right now? Or, maybe you mean by October 13, 2012?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm considering wheat/gluten free and low carb as I'm not losing from calorie counting alone.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I've heard smoking crack, lifting feathers, drinking nothing but shakes and injecting pregnant lady pee help.
  • xinahay123
    Options
    eat super clean, watch your sodium intake, and do not look for such numbers!! Slow and steady wins the weight loss race. Just focus on practicing good habits, and celebrate this as a gift to yourself!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I've heard smoking crack, lifting feathers, drinking nothing but shakes and injecting pregnant lady pee help.

lmao @ lifting feathers
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    There is no help for you right now. If you think you will be losing 10lbs in 2 weeks you are absolutely incorrect. Be kind to your body and treat it like a temple.
  • Lexiehsub76
    Options
    Thanks for you guys advice some of you were really funny.!!!!! Never have and Never will do drugs so Crack is out the question...I really wanted to see what other would say cause I went to the Dr. last week and that is what my doctor told me that when I come back on the 21 she wanted me to be done lost 20lbs!!! Thats waht I told her that it sounds unreal that would be like losing 5lbs a week which like some of you have stated 1-2lbs is safe and healthy way to loose!! But thanks for all of your input cause I feel the same as you!!! Thanks BUNCHES :flowerforyou:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    What the others have said is right-it's just not possible to do safely.
    If you eat right, count your calories, exercise and drink plenty of water you may lose 3-5lb of fat (and a little muscle :( )...depending on how much you have to lose (1%/week is safe).

However, if you haven't dieted recently you might find you lose quite a bit of water weight the first couple weeks. It's that 'big' loss that a lot of people experience at first. Understand it's not fat loss, and don't get discouraged if you do get that then it stops...it's normal. BUT it may be a nice morale booster for you.
  • Lexiehsub76
    Options
    Thanks you so much!! I plan on going slow and steady cause I do not want to put myself in bad health...It just blowed my mind that a dr would tell someone that !!! Thanks Bunches!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Can you slap your doctor for me? For all of us? :happy:

(Think of the calorie burn you'd get whapping the doc for all the MFP members...)
  • Tzipporah90
    Options

Amputation.

Take an arm, a leg, left buttcheek. Thats about the only way you can lose 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks.

Seriously, slow and steady wins the race. Even if you LITERALLY ate nothing, you couldn't get there. Plus, you would die.

Im pretty sure I laugh at all your replies. You by far write the most hilarious responses!!! :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You need a new doctor. Stat.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You need a new doctor. Stat.
    Perfect response.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    there is something natural that you could try that might work. I did this cleanse for 3+ weeks in April/May and lost 16 pounds in the first 2 weeks (weight loss tapered off the final 10 days, but I felt a ton healthier when I finished....and since I got right on with healthy eating afterwards, I didn't gain the weight back...instead, I continued to lose). Anyway, the *rules/guidelines* are pretty simple.

for the first 2 weeks:
    1. you will eat only veggies.
    2. you can eat them however you want...raw, steamed, sauteed..and I recommend mixing it up for variety.
    3. you can eat as many veggies* as you want or need. don't go hungry. plan to eat veggies 5-6 times a day...more if you need more.
    4. you can and should use some EVOO daily...particularly as your salad dressing. its the only dressing you are permitted.
    5. you can also use EVOO with saute....as well as some amount of seasonings. I used reduced sodium soy sauce and kikkoman's reduced sodium stir fry sauce (you can use Hoison sauce instead...or sub in another sauce that has comparable calories/carbs).
    6. you drink only water and you should aim for a gallon a day. "water" does not include zero calorie liquids that are not plain water. it also does not include flavored water. no coffee, soda, diet soda, crystal light, powerade zero, etc. if you are a caffeine drinker, its more ideal to taper off your caffeine intake before you start this cleanse...but that takes time and you have just 2 weeks...so you may just have to suck it up and take the caffeine withdrawal headaches for a few days.
    7. you can also have sugar free jello. however, as the person who told me about the cleanse said when I asked him "how much sugar free jello I could have"....keep in mind that your body will be craving nutrients. jello has none. don't waste the tummy space on it. I decided to skip sugar free jello throughout the cleanse. I can't tell you how it might affect the weight loss part of the cleanse if you choose to use it.

during the second two weeks.
    8. you can do everything in 1 through 7 above.
    9. you also eat 8 ounces of skinless grilled chicken each day.

you will feel a little weak at some point during the first two weeks since you're not eating (much) protein. however, you will eventually feel like you have more energy if you do this right. you will get the strength back. despite the loss of strength, you want to work out during this process.

* for purposes of this cleanse you should avoid high carb veggies like beans. you should also avoid "veggies" that really aren't veggies...so avoid tomatoes (fruit) and corn (grain).

good luck to you if you choose to do this. I can tell you that I felt great by the time I finished....and as I indicated above, portion controlled healthy eating followed and I continued to lose weight.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    let me add a couple of things in light of some of the comments...

1. I had already started eating healthy for 3 months before the cleanse. I had already lost 23ish pounds. So, the weight I lost during the cleanse was not just water weight.

2. I did not (and do not) take any supplements during the cleanse. you don't need them.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I think you need a new doctor.