Confused?????????

I lost 2 pounds, then all of a sudden I gained back 2 pounds. I walk around and keep myself active, I have taken in fewer calories than my set calories goal. I still haven't seen a change for the past three weeks. confused?????? I dont know whats going on =/

Replies

• marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    if your working out then thats why. muscles weigh more then fat. but if you are not working out. then it just takes time, or you need to drink more water, watch your carbs and sugar intake! and you should be fine. you might not see the number on the scale but your body is losing the weight. don't worry to much about it. but do what i said and by next week you should see a pound or more gone. :)
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    taken your measurements. At your size that is where you should see your losses the most.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    You need to eat more.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    drink lots of water, and watch your sodium as well.
  • I have been eating much better again since joining MFP and I have been working out. I lost a few pounds the first few days, but then I gained 2 of them back! For me, I think maybe what I originally lost was water weight due to the reduction in sodium while eating healthier. I am hoping that the couple of pounds I grabbed this week are muscle! LOL *fingers crossed* I feel better and know that no matter what the scale says, I am definitely much healthier and on a path to lose pounds, even if it takes a little while! :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    if your working out then thats why. muscles weigh more then fat.

No. Muscles do not weigh more than fat. 1 pound of muscles weighs the same as 1 pound of fat.

Also, you won't be building new muscle tissue if you are eating at a calorie deficit. Your body needs a surplus of calories, a specific diet that includes a lot of protein, and an intense weight training routine. And even when you do all that it's still very hard to see a gain of more than 1/2 a pound per week.
  • Bodies naturally fluctuate 2-5 pounds a day! if you eat a lot of bread or rice then it may be holding the weight (which would be water weight and just non digested food). but keep working on it! bodies can jut stick at one weight so maybe cutting down a hundred cal or so daily might trigger weight loss.
  • if your working out then thats why. muscles weigh more then fat.

No. Muscles do not weigh more than fat. 1 pound of muscles weighs the same as 1 pound of fat.

Also, you won't be building new muscle tissue if you are eating at a calorie deficit. Your body needs a surplus of calories, a specific diet that includes a lot of protein, and an intense weight training routine. And even when you do all that it's still very hard to see a gain of more than 1/2 a pound per week.

One pound IS one pound, yes, BUT the quantity of fat in one pound is far greater than the quantity of muscle in one pound. In addition, I just gained close to two pounds in the last week and a half. I hate to disprove your theories, but it is definitely not hard to gain more than .5 pounds per week! This was while eating incredible nutrient dense, healthy meals 96% of the time AND exercising!
  • thank you for all the advice and suggestions. I truly appreciate it :) I thought I was doing something wrong, but I'll keep staying active and eating healthy to see what happens from there.