Is the forum worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• paulahhhh
    Options
    Motivation: do what my friend did, she kept a picture of an insanely obese woman in her wallet next to her credit card.

Sounds like a good idea for when you get hungry, but don't you think that's borderline eating disorder? IDK, that's just my opinion.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think one of the best ways to stay motivated is to cultivate a good circle of MFP friends that you can interact with on a regular basis and who will help hold you accountable.

When you see posts in the forums, you might find some MFP users that you resonate with or have similar goals, etc. and you can send them a friend request (always helpful to add a note as to why you would like to add them as an MFP friends - mention their post!)

Success stories are always good to read when you need a motivational push!

Good luck!
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I find the forum helpful. I think it's encouraging to know that there are so many like-minded people!
  • sarham101
    Options
    OK guys thanks so far! It would be lovely if you added me, I could always use a friend :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It keeps me logging in and the challenges and before/afters are very motivating. I think it's one of the best parts MFP, but then I like posting on forums and have been posting on various ones quite a bit for 10 years now.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Motivation: do what my friend did, she kept a picture of an insanely obese woman in her wallet next to her credit card.

This is a good idea ^-^ I might have to put a picture of one of my fav athletes :]
    Good way to keep it positive!!:heart:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The forum is something that you can look at when you have time. You can select topics that interest you and make friends with folks who make comments that you appreciate. I find that the forum helps me most in that it makes me feel like I'm not alone, because I'm not. It also keeps me focused on my fitness goals. Everyone here has a fitness/health goal in mind.

Welcome!
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I find it useful for gathering information. I've heard of 3 or 4 different approaches, here, that I wouldn't have known to even look for. It doesn't mean that I AGREE with them, always, and there is certainly a lot of opinion (including mine!), but it's a good way to establish a circle of friends, which is a large part of what keeps you on track.

That's my opinion. :-)