went 1000 calories over. help please :)

Options
So I ate way to much today. Had no Idea I was going out to eat for dinner. And lunch I ate a little more than usual. I figured I would give myself a treat..
So I basically ate 2 days in 1... I did some exercise to burn some calories.. But not much. I burned maybe 250-300... So is there something I should do tomorrow to kinda "make up" for what I did today? Like maybe eat less and workout more?

Please help!!

Replies

• trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out. Don't try to "fix" it super quick. Factor it into your week and make mild adjustments to balance out the week. This isn't a sprint.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    if i have an off day, i normally just go back to normal. :)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yes, tomorrow you should do two things. Get back on track and forget about yesterday. It's over. We've all been there. Know that it will happen again. Life goes on.
  • clean115
    Options
    That's EXACTLY what I did today... and it will be ok I think. We should just exercise and watch what we eat strictly tomorrow and things will be okay
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    sounds like you've recognized what's happened and you're willing to not do it tomorrow. as long as it's just one day i wouldn't worry about it. we all have these days. just do extra stuff this week and try to not do it again. you'll be ok. but it is frustrating, i understand.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out. Don't try to "fix" it super quick. Factor it into your week and make mild adjustments to balance out the week. This isn't a sprint.

ditto!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I would just go back to my normal eating/exercise routine. nothing is going to reverse those 1000 calories
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes, tomorrow you should do two things. Get back on track and forget about yesterday. It's over. We've all been there. Know that it will happen again. Life goes on.

AMEN!!!
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    You're human it's totally natural to have days like these.

But the biggest thing is to just not sweat it, it's only one day, if everyday was like this then I'd say be a little worried, but no need to really worry about it. Just try and get back on track tomorrow!
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Alright.. thanks! :) I still might have a guilt trip over it and might do some extra things tomorrow. But hey, that won't hurt anything ;)

I just feel oober fat right now. haah
  • KristinC4
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. I know how you feel, I went over 720 calories today and didn't do any exercise to make up for it. The feeling SUCKS, I know. But I also know that I am not eating anything else tonight, I am going to be mad at myself in the morning when I weigh in, and I am going to get back on track.

There is nothing like a bad day to make the next one great. Use it as motivation to stay on track tomorrow.

Good luck!!
  • mwelch1105
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water! It always helps to 'flush' out the added waste! Drink more than usual (maybe an extra glass or two) for the next few days to make up for it. It has always helped me! Good Luck!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Just dont worry too much, I go over by miles sometimes, enjoy it, make small changes, try to eat slightly better for the rest of the week, do a little more exercise. And drink massive amounts of water.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    So I ate way to much today. Had no Idea I was going out to eat for dinner. And lunch I ate a little more than usual. I figured I would give myself a treat..
    So I basically ate 2 days in 1... I did some exercise to burn some calories.. But not much. I burned maybe 250-300... So is there something I should do tomorrow to kinda "make up" for what I did today? Like maybe eat less and workout more?

Please help!!
    Do not go crazy and fast or eat 100 calories tomorrow. Go back to eating your regular daily caloric intake, and exercise. One day won't completely derail weight loss plans.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i'd advise against trying to make it up- if you undereat tomorrow, you may want to overeat the day after, and it will just keep going. just work on making better choices tomorrow :)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I think the biggest mistake people make when trying to lose weight, is be too hard on themselves and dwell on the bad days. When I have a bad day, I tell myself that 'tomorrow I will start anew". Forget it, move on and do better tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.... One day at a time! xo
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    One great thing about the people here, they remind me that it's only one day. I didn't do well today. Knowingly...as I was doing it. If you don't make a habit of doing it everyday, you'll be fine. :-)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat-- I didn't log it but my sister took me out to lunch (and picked Red Lobster; God I can't resist having just ONE of those biscuits) and then I came home and my mom had made a big pot roast with carrots and potatoes. It's a shame because today I was in town buying myself a pair of brand new size TEN jeans (yay!) to celebrate recent weight loss and tomorrow I may not even fit in them. lol Oh well, back on the horse tomorrow.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Please help!!
    Perfect advice!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    I read your profile and a quote from "Fat Head" (an awesome documentary on Netflix instant - something you should probably watch if you get the opportunity) and this quote came to my mind: If your diet is not sustainable for the rest of your life, it is pointless.

I can't see your diary, but you mentioned two things:

1 - You ate 1000 calories over your goal.
    2 - You ate two days in one.

If you are eating less than 1200 calories a day, you will not lose weight. You could actually GAIN weight because your body will shut down and hold onto everything it can for dear life. Think about your body as a car. If you expect a car to take you from point A to point B, it will need gas. Your body is no different.

We all have bad days. We are all fallible human beings who make mistakes, mess up, eat more than we should, or just have days where we don't give a flip. Those days are not going to derail your efforts. It did not take one day to gain weight, the weight will not leave in one day. Give yourself a break. Stick to your calories tomorrow...and the next day...and the day after that....etc. Definitely drink a lot of water because if you ate that much over, you probably also consumed a lot of salt which will make you feel bloated. It sounds counter intuitive because sodium makes you retain water, but when I started drinking over 100 oz of water in a day, my skin started clearing up and my body started feeling better. I can tell when I have had less than 100 oz of water because my body feels bloated.

And please educate yourself on nutrition. In my head I'm already reading the reply, "I already know about nutrition." Well, if your statement of "I basically ate 2 days in 1" is an indication of your idea of nutrition, you may want to pick up a book or there's always Google.

***Stepping off soap box***

I wish you luck on your journey!