Gained 5lbs overnight

Options
So last night I was drinking and indulging. Did I say drinking? LOL yes I enjoyed myself. I was at a wedding. I danced and had a wonderful time. Today I stepped on the scale...up 5lbs. I know it's probably just water or at least it better be. Has this happened to anyone else? :noway:

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every weekend.

I weigh on Saturday mornings, and by Monday morning, I'm always up between 3-8 pounds. And it's just water weight and goes away in a few days. Nothing to worry about.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Its just water weight, drink masses and masses of water ad it will go away :)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yep, just give it a couple of days, it'll get back to normal.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Story of my life. I am always fluctuating. I could sniff salt and my body would retain a gallon of water. I weighed myself once before a workout, busted out a sweaty workout for 2 hours, peed, and I was down 3 lbs....the glories of being a woman.
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree water weight plus carbs from the beer and or mixed drinks.... id detox for a bit if i were you.
  • marksolie
    marksolie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Friday so I have weekend to indulge and 5 days to unidulge.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It happens. I once LOST 6 pounds over night. Literally. What a good feeling :) But it was just water :(
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has tons of carbs and sodium, so drink tons of water and get some exercise.
  • MrMVP2011
    Options
    I've put on 10 lbs before because I indulged really bad. The best thing you can do is get right back on track and bring it agian! Perhaps up your cardio a little more like I did too. I just added a little more cardio and the weight was right back off the next week. You got this!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I agree water weight plus carbs from the beer and or mixed drinks.... id detox for a bit if i were you.

lol dont listen to this. Completely unnecessary
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The worst is when I go out for sushi...soy sauce AND alcohol! 5lbs easily.

Drink lots of water and you'll probably notice it "resolving" tomorrow hehe! As my cousin once said: "It's amazing how you can drink all night and still be thirsty the next day." :bigsmile:
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, green tea and hot water with lemon....it will all flush right out!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yep I'll drinking water till there's no tomorrow. I don't drink beer though it's vodka club soda and lime for me. I know it all adds up either way.
  • New_Hope
    Options
    I had one day where I gained 7 lbs! Looking back over the previous day, I realized it was because of sodium, lots of carbs, & lots of fat. The weight was gone in 2 days of eating healthy.

I took a class called "Psychology of Food Choices & Eating Behaviors" and another course about Fitness and Nutrition (both taught by men with doctorates) who said that it isn't uncommon for weight to fluctuate 2-5 lbs a day based on water, the need to have a BM, or just unhealthy eating patterns. No biggie.
  • Stephy_LP
    Options
    It's happened to me before. Best thing to do is have a scale that shows your actual body fat etc. I go to Gold's gym and they have a scale that will show all that. I kind of freaked out when I wasn't losing weight though I was eating great and working out everyday, but when my trainer had me weigh in and compared my last print out to my current one and I saw the difference. Hope that helped :)
  • megmariew1
    Options
    The same thing happened to me on my birthday. Way too much Moscato, chocolate cake, bread and cheese. The next morning I was up 4lbs and then two days later it was gone plus 2 more. :) I worked out extra hard and drank tons of water.