Insanity Workout

AsLiteAsAFeather
AsLiteAsAFeather Posts: 10
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,

I've tried the Beach Body Insanity workout once before just the first month, but actually ended up not loosing weight and bulking up. I did get more toned but on a larger frame.

I have about 60lbs to loose and I'm thinking of taking it back up in the morning. Only up side I remember was the boost of energy it gave me all day and put me in a good mood.

How can I use it to help me loose weight? Any success stories? Tips? Also, any idea how to factor it in the exercise tracker?

Thanks

Replies

• LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    I lost tons of inches on it. Try it again, but stick to it. You won't regret it!
  • I lost tons of inches on it. Try it again, but stick to it. You won't regret it!

I'm planning on it.

How did u add it into the tracker? Did u lower your protein, carbs?
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    I'm on the last two weeks - I've added all the workouts into the tracker, but they are an estimate, not necessarily what you will burn because each person is different. Were you eating clean when you were doing it before? I know that I've done workouts and not seen weight loss because I was still eating pretty poorly. Clean eating is going to make a huge difference, not just how much, but WHAT you eat. You can workout all day, every day, but if you don't eat well, your body's not going to make the changes you want it to. Good luck!
  • I was eating OK but maybe not what I need. Clean eating it is with the re-start of my insanity journey! Thanks! :)
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    With any exercise plan the diet is just as important if not more important that the exercise itself. If you want to lose weight you need to cut your calorie intake, MFP can work this out for you. You also need to eat clean, if you 2000 calories is what MFP says you need to eat to lose weight but that is made up of McD's and Pringles then you are going to struggle, if you eat 2000 calories of salads and freshly prepared meals (not processed foods) then the weight, and particularly the fat will come right off.

With the workouts you need to be completely spent by the time the workout finishes, if you aren't then you aren't pushing hard enough. A heart rate monitor is a good way to keep track of how hard you are working, for the duration of an Insanity cardio workout your heart rate average should not drop out of the aerobic zone and you should spend a good portion of the time working anaerobically.

If you have a heart rate monitor you can then track your calorie burn pretty accurately, and manually enter the calories onto MFP, which is what I do. Remember to eat back your exercise calories. If you can't afford a heart rate monitor then you can use this method:

http://www.homemadefit.com/2011/08/how-to-calculate-calories-burned-in-your-workout-without-a-heart-rate-monitor/
  • I had the same problem with not losing weight and just bulking up. I didn't lose inches either. But I could definitely tell a huge difference in muscle tone and strength. I finished the entire 2 month plan a couple of weeks ago, and I just started alternating some of the workouts with straight up jogging. I jog for 45 minutes Mon/Wed/Fri and do the videos Tues/Thurs/Sat. So far, I think it's working. I don't want to lose the muscle I've gained, but I don't want to continue bulking up either.

As for the tracker, you can buy an inexpensive heart monitor at Walmart or Target (about $30 or so). It will tell you how many calories you burn. At age 35, female and 145 lbs, I burn about 350 calories per workout. And as for eating your calories, I'm still up in the air about that. I generally try to keep my "net calories" at 1000-1350. On the days I don't work out, I try to stay around 1200 calories.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.