Desperate Try ....

Options
Hey Everyone ...

I'm a 49 year old single mother of 3 grown sons (2 are in college). My eldest is blessing me with my first grandchild (a boy) this coming January 2012! I'm off work on a disability and I feel like my health is deteriorating quickly and that the weight just keeps piling on, especially with the lack of mobility due to my pain. So my sister told me to join this today so that we could try to fight this weight battle for once and for all and to live healthy. I have so much to look forward to with my sons and future grandchildren and I'm too young to be feeling like I'm a 90 year old woman in this huge, obese body. So, I'm new here and hope that I will learn some new things and get support from people who struggle and are successful of changing themselves for whatever reason.

I am inspired by some of the stories I have read today and hope that I too one day will be able to post my success story on here! I hope that I will also be able to post photos of myself in a healthy state, alive and loving life with my precious boys.

Good luck to everyone working on it and to those who have done it ... congratulations!

I don't know what to expect from a forum of this kind ... first time I've joined one, but I'm desperate as I am not ready to give up on my body yet ... too much to look forward to and I want to be healthy to enjoy it!

Love all ...

Maria

Replies

• getskinnyk8
    Options
    Hi Maria!

It's never to late to change your life. It's cheesy, but it's true. Sometimes I feel so down like I'm never going to be able to escape who I've become, and then I log on here and getting support from other people really makes all the difference. My advice is to friend a lot of people, and update regularly for feedback :)

Good luck!
    Katie
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    It's a handy tool, works even better when you haunt the forums and make some friends (feel free to add me). Good luck :-)
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking this first step to better health! You can do this and there are tons of people on here to help you and support you. My suggestion would be to just start logging in everything that you eat and drink. Play around with it and get used to logging in your portions and food choices. Make it a habit and before long you will start seeing where you can improve on and be aware of your portion sizes.

Best wishes and friend me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Well done for taking the first step! Now make sure you just keep going, day by day, honestly logging every little thing you eat and seeing what you can do about increasing your movement. Keep learning and keep going!

Also, be ready to face some emotions - this isn't an easy journey and you'll probably find resistance within and without as well as support and strength.

Good luck on your journey!

EJ
  • palmerina
    palmerina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Maria....

I for one am so glad you joined!!! I can think of no one I would rather accomplish this with. As sisters we have been through so much together. This journey is one we both need to do and I am grateful to have you with me.

Our next big event is in 6 weeks ...baby shower for your first grandson!!!!! My first great nephew!!! Let's see what we can accomplish by then!!

Love your BIG Sister:flowerforyou: