Kid movies that make you cry?

Options
124»

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Up!!!

I was looking forward to putting my Plasma through its paces with this cartoon. At the very beginning they do a montage about him and his wife and how they can't have children and how she friggen DIES, leaving him alone.

Do kids like this movie after that frightening reminder that nothing in this world is forever?!

OMG my husband and I saw this in the theater and I was sobbing 10 minutes in! Reallly?! I mean really?! The movie was amazing but it took me a while to recover from the beginning! lol
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Oh God, so many...

Up, Finding Nemo, Lion King, Bambi (I mean really Disney, necessary to kill parents?), Wall-E and one that I have to admit to... :embarassed: Air Bud. When the kid tries to get rid of Buddy and he's yelling at him... killed my little 10 year-old self :cry:
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one listed Bridge to Terabithia.

Didn't like the movie, but the book still gets to me.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

UGH, I still get choked up over that one.

That one KILLED me!! I was upset for days over that one!

Me too, made me sick!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I have never, and will never, watch Marley & Me past about 2/3rds of the way through. Just a bit too....close to home :(
    Oh man... I actually went through nearly the exact same scenario with our dog just a few months before seeing Marley & Me. I mean, I knew the ending, knew what happened. But nothing prepared me for experiencing that scene play out so similarly to what I had recently gone through. Seriously. In the vet hospital, saying goodbye, all that. Watching the movie with my daughter I used every bit of strength I had not to completely lose it.

*tears well in eyes* Yeah. I read the book and someone bought the movie for me one year for Christmas, I watched it and cried nearly as hard as I had while reading the book.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Baby Mine song in Dumbo and the Valse Triste from Allegro Non Troppo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Oc_J1Lu-o) I dare any of you to watch it and not cry.

Dumbo is my all time favorite movie, and i cry at that part EVERY single time. Have been doing that since I was 3 years old
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    All of them, lol, mainly Disney movies......
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Annabelle's Wish - Christmas Cartoon. I've seen it a million times and never a dry eye. Worth it to see.

Me too! Love that movie!
  • DevilDog68
    Options
    Annabelle's Wish - Christmas Cartoon. I've seen it a million times and never a dry eye. Worth it to see.

Me too! Love that movie!

Now, I already knew you were adorable but that is just too sweet. :smile: I watched it with my niece. (Didn't cry though)