Bummed

Options
Bcuz I started the famous 30 day shred and have GAINED weight. Just like I always do when I work out. And this time I am even not eating back my exercise calories. Even though I used to. Thinking that this time I would still loose. I know that I always tell people who are in this situation. Dont freak out. It is just the muscles holding on to glycogyn and water or something like that. And you will loose inches blah blah blah. But it is hard when you work out so hard and dont see anything on the scale. And to be honest after 7 days I dont see a difference in my measurements either. Going to hold out another 3 days and check again

Replies

• lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just have patience!! I know it's frustrating...I've been there. That's just how my body works when starting new exercises. My body will go up about four pounds in weight then suddenly, almost magically, and to be honest a lot of the time it's after my TOM, I will go down not kidding, around 7 lbs and it's basically overnight. Then it continues to fall for a couple days. Just stick with it!! When I started an intense workout routine it wasn't reflected on the scale for about a month. Seriously. I've found that when I work out I don't lose steady...weight loss for me is in no way linear. I lose in whooshes.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think that is how it is for me too. I just have to tell myself INCHES it is all about the INCHES. I want to get down another half a size this month. Ok no more scale. Inches is my mantra
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Definitely focus on the inches. One thing I have noticed from the women who have done 30DS - not many of them lose weight over the 30 days but they tighten up and lose inches.

I've done some reading about the 30DS and some websites were saying do 30DS with other cardio if you really want to lose weight too.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Try and chill out on the measuring, it's only been a few days!! I lost 2 lbs about 5 inches in total on waist, hips and thighs when I did the shred but my before and after pics looked like i'd lost alot more. You will get there!!
  • marykeblom
    Options
    Hi Trish, i know what you are going through, recently went through the same thing. I weighed myself last week friday and finally saw a reduction after two weeks. Please just hold on. When i complained about it, i was told it's normal and I shouldn't worry. I used to weigh myself every single day in pure desperation and frustration but it made me feel worse. I was thinking, maybe weigh yourself only every two weeks.

I agree with Lucy, just hang on and remember that our bodies are adjusting and sometimes they take a long time to adjust. Just please don't stop doing what you are doing. Just know that a lot of us do go through that same thing :)

I started using a Contouring gel some weeks ago, and combining that with exercise and diet have seen incredible results :D First contouring gel i found that really works, it's called Patricia Clarke i don't know where you can get it in your country but have a look on the internet, you don't have to wear their shape up underwear, you can go buy the ordinary one's it works just as good as long as there is compression with the shape underwear you will be fine.

I looked at my tummy this morning and couldn't believe the massive difference, i look 3 kilo's lighter than i really am and that made me feel really great and motivated to carry on even if i don't shed a lot of pounds on the scales.
    I have to say i'm really really impressed by the contouring gel, i've tried so many with no visible results.

Maybe that will help you feel better and more motivated? Good luck Trish i know it will get better!

:)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything on the shred, but the month after I finished I lost weight easily.
    Just be patient. If you haven't overeaten more than 3500/week, then that weight gain can't be fat.
    Btw, if you're not eating back your exercise calories and you're gaining, don't you think it'd be a good idea to go back to eating them since that was working for you before? Good luck!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Your muscles retain water (and some other things) while they're repairing. You will see the weight start dropping off near the end of Level 1 when your body is used to it, the gain some water weight again when you start Level 2, etc. Try measuring yourself instead of weighing to stop discouraging.
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    put away the tape measure and the scales. do not use them again until you have finished the whole 30 DS, I found that I lost 0Lbs, But I gained a lot of muscle and lost many inches!!
    Photos are a great way of doing it too x