Wanna do Insanity with me?

Options
Hey guys. Anyone out there wanna start Insanity with me? I really would like a partner or even some encouragement to push through the program. I just did the fitness test for day one and I'm pooped. :)

Replies

• TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Anyone out there wanna start Insanity with me? I really would like a partner or even some encouragement to push through the program. I just did the fitness test for day one and I'm pooped. :)

uh oh, the same "insanity' scares me already
  • sangostar
    sangostar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm looking through the dvds now and it does look crazy insane for cardio but if I need to stop and breath, I'm not scared to do that. :) All at my own pace.
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago. So if you start today and do the fit test we'll be on the same schedule for the next 2 weeks at least? It's intense. I'll be honest. But it also works. I did P90X and lost 21lbs... In the first week of Insanity I lost 4 and a half... It's intense. It's really hard. But as long as you do your best and take breaks WHEN YOU NEED THEM, as opposed to WANT them, then you'll be fine.
  • sangostar
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago. So if you start today and do the fit test we'll be on the same schedule for the next 2 weeks at least? It's intense. I'll be honest. But it also works. I did P90X and lost 21lbs... In the first week of Insanity I lost 4 and a half... It's intense. It's really hard. But as long as you do your best and take breaks WHEN YOU NEED THEM, as opposed to WANT them, then you'll be fine.

I did the fit test and it felt great. Challenging but I like that. I'm watching through some of the other dvds and you're so right. It's so intense! XD I thought about P90X but I don't have weights to use in my home. I was going to the gym a lot before and it was getting so boring because I have to go by myself.
  • brandenocs
    Options
    I understand that. I actually used my tax return to buy a bunch of weights rather than something fun. I wanted to get in real good shape so I could do something fun come tax season next year. Go on a sexy vacation or something. The actual dvd's are much harder than the fit test but really fun. I HATED and I mean absolutely LOATHED the first week of P90X. Not Insanity though. Even though the cardio is WAY more intense and the breaks are shorter, I'm addicted already because I KNOW it's working. I'm excited to see my improvement when I do my fit test today. (I haven't gone to bed yet so it's not time for my 'morning' workout... haha)
  • sangostar
    Options
    I understand that. I actually used my tax return to buy a bunch of weights rather than something fun. I wanted to get in real good shape so I could do something fun come tax season next year. Go on a sexy vacation or something. The actual dvd's are much harder than the fit test but really fun. I HATED and I mean absolutely LOATHED the first week of P90X. Not Insanity though. Even though the cardio is WAY more intense and the breaks are shorter, I'm addicted already because I KNOW it's working. I'm excited to see my improvement when I do my fit test today. (I haven't gone to bed yet so it's not time for my 'morning' workout... haha)

In some of the vids even the people in them are having to stop and breath. That's a great idea though, to use your tax return.
  • brandenocs
    Options
    I LOVE the fact that you see people getting absolutely trashed in the videos. And I like that Shaun T, does rounds and makes people take breaks. No one took breaks outside of the scheduled ones in P90X so if I was struggling, I'd always be discouraged. Not so much when I'm watching super fit people just DYING during Insanity.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity today. Kind of...actually, it's my daily cardio, but I am not really a cardio junkie at all. I'm also doing a split routine in a gym for weight lifting 4 days a week when I get off of work. I am doing Insanity a couple hours after breakfast.

At any rate, I'm doing the Fit Test today.

I've finished Insanity 3 times before and have loved the results. I've just been through a lot this year and because of the emotional rollercoaster, I have gained a lot of weight. As long as there aren't any more bumps in the road of life between now and Christmas, I should at the very least have lost what I gained over the summer. I want to be smaller and leaner than just that, though. I did lose muscle strength after completing Insanity without lifting weights which bummed me out. I did P90X and got to the point where I no longer needed assistance of any kind in pull-ups...did Insanity, and I can't do pull-ups anymore. I was leaner, but weaker. That's why I am lifting heavy weights 4 days a week at the gym while doing Insanity, because I am not letting a bunch of cardio and a calorie deficit take my muscle away again.
  • sangostar
    Options
    @bgr33n5: Yeah, I just saw him tell this girl to move out and she's resting. I think I would get discouraged too if I saw the machines in P90X working it and I'm dying.

@Lyadeia: I can understand that. I hope you're able to reach your goals. I don't think I've ever been able to do a pull up in my life, XD
  • brandenocs
    Options
    Losing muscle was my concern with Insanity. Cardio burns just as much muscle as it does fat. That's why I decided on top of Insanity, to do the 3 P90X resistance days on Mon, Wed, and Fri. So rather than doing P90X Doubles Routine with the pathetic Cardio X, Plyo X and Kenpo X workouts, I'm doing Insanity for my daily cardio.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I did the Fit Test as planned today, and boy am I ever out of shape now! It really kicked my butt hard!!! I thought I did good with the switch kicks, but after that, the numbers just kept on a droppin' LOL. Here's how I did today (and thank God this is just Day 1):

Switch Kicks - 73
    Power Jacks - 46
    Power Knees - 83
    Power Jumps - 26
    Globe Jumps - 8
    Suicide Jumps - 9
    Push-Up Jacks - 12
    Low Plank Obliques - 45

I was starting to feel nauseous towards the end. I must have let myself go even more than I thought this summer. But, that just means that my after story will be better since I have more hurdles to overcome, right? Gotta keep thinking positive...

Tomorrow morning I hit the gym for some heavy lifting with my chest and triceps, then I will do Plyo Cardio Circuit in the afternoon. I hope by next week it all gets easier!!!
  • sangostar
    Options
    My first fit test. I was so damn sore today.

Switch Kicks - 92
    Power Jacks - 26
    Power Knees - 73
    Power Jumps - 20
    Globe Jumps - 4/5
    Suicide Jumps - 8
    Push-Up Jacks - 14
    Low Plank Obliques - 21

Day 2 was my first time doing the cardio video. I'd say I followed along about a good 80% with stopping when I NEEDED to, but a few others towards the end I was so slow. I hope the soreness will ease tomorrow. I found I need to stretch a lot more than the beginning of the video to feel more limber.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I have nowhere near enough energy to think about working out tonight. :frown: I work third shift and had to stay late this morning, but I still went to the gym afterwards anyway. So when I got home and got in bed, it was 10:30 in the morning and I think I may have gotten about 5 total hours of sleep. So I am going to use today as a rest day and pick it back up tomorrow as long as I don't have to stay late again at work!
  • SpazMonkey169
    Options

What is it? <3
  • nicolesid1
    Options
    I am down. I am on day 4 and the soreness is getting a bit better. Yesterday was a little hard but you can push it and just keep moving!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'd love to start with you, but unfortunately I haven't purchased the Dvds and prolly won't untill early May or late August. I still have a ton a other dvds that i'd like to get done (Particularly JM). Plus I have no money what-so-ever for insanity right now. But I hope you do great with insanity and can't wait to see results!:wink:
  • gjprincess
    gjprincess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Insanity. It kicks my butt every time. There are days I think I'm going to throw up. One of the girls at work has been doing it for a while now and she amazes me. The first workout I kept yelling at my husband "This guy is f'n insane. His reply was, "That's why they call it Insanity." lol
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes!! My husband and I did it before I got pregnant but now I need to get back in shape! I'm in :D
  • nicolesid1
    Options
    I LOVE the fact that you see people getting absolutely trashed in the videos. And I like that Shaun T, does rounds and makes people take breaks. No one took breaks outside of the scheduled ones in P90X so if I was struggling, I'd always be discouraged. Not so much when I'm watching super fit people just DYING during Insanity.
    I really love the way Shaun T keeps saying just do it right or take a minute and get back to it. It feels like I am doing better like you said. I love seeing the people that have done it once on the floor in sweat and pain with me.
  • Live_On
    Options
    I just started today. I have bad knees, so I'm going to wear a knee brace and stop if it's hurting me too badly. I haven't worked out in weeks, and this tape got me so incredibly out of breath.

Results:
    Switch kicks - Guh, I lost count. 60 at the bare minimum.
    Power Jacks - 63
    Power Knees - 90
    Power Jumps - 33
    Globe Jumps - 13
    Suicide Jumps - 10 (I HATE THESE)
    Push-Up Jacks - 12
    Low Plank Obliques - 63