Newbie Here

Nlongenecker
Nlongenecker Posts: 765
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I am new to this site. I lost weight on Weight Watchers about 5 yrs ago. Since then I have gained it, and some extra back. I liked WW but, it's expensive. And although I enjoyed the points program, I didn't really learn about nutrition facts like calorie intake. I have point amounts memorized, but am new to the whole calorie counting thing, so I will need your help.

My two biggest challenges-emotional eating and breaking the unhealthy eating cycle of my family. Everybody in my family is overweight and diabetes and high blood pressure has affected almost everyone. This weekend I tried to pay attention to why I wanted to eat. I realized it was usually when I was frustrated with something/someone. It was like a rebellious thing, but it will only hurt me.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, getting help and providing it.

Replies

• Hello, I am new to this site. I lost weight on Weight Watchers about 5 yrs ago. Since then I have gained it, and some extra back. I liked WW but, it's expensive. And although I enjoyed the points program, I didn't really learn about nutrition facts like calorie intake. I have point amounts memorized, but am new to the whole calorie counting thing, so I will need your help.

My two biggest challenges-emotional eating and breaking the unhealthy eating cycle of my family. Everybody in my family is overweight and diabetes and high blood pressure has affected almost everyone. This weekend I tried to pay attention to why I wanted to eat. I realized it was usually when I was frustrated with something/someone. It was like a rebellious thing, but it will only hurt me.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, getting help and providing it.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Welcome to MFP! If you ever feel like something is making you want to eat, then turn to MFP and put your frustrations on here. You will find someone to help talk you down from eating. This site is great and the people on here are very supportive. Good luck!
  • Congrats and welcome to our BIG family. I wish the best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.