Has anyone here tried POLE DANCING?

Options
I've been meaning to try this out but I'm afraid I'm too heavy or big or uncoordinated to try this! I'm 5'5 and I weigh 178lbs... Any one who has tried this feat?

Replies

• 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yep I have, it's awesome! Makes you feel very sexy! Join a lesson group is my advice, very good for your flexibility and it's fun :) x
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    I once tried tap dancing but kept falling in the sink :laugh:
  • Lecypage
    Options
    you should definitely give it a go!! Don't be worried about being too uncoordinated as most of it is just a cardio work out anyway. It takes a while to get to the actual pole stuff. It's a lot about rhythm and dancing as much as it is about acrobatics on the pole. And it makes you feel sexy hehe. If you are considering it you should try it out; I think you will love it!!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My sister has been doing pole dancing for over 3 years now - from what she tells me, it doesn't matter what your weight or size, you need confidence to try. And it takes time to develope the coordination and strength to use the pole.

And no I'm not brave enough to try!!
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Lol! I'm drained with laughing he he he he
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    HA!!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I actually just contacted someone to book in for thursday and i am TERRIFIED! but desperate to try it as it close to home and i am hoping it will be a confidence booster for me, i'll be going by myself!eek!
    I am 5"11 and a178lbs if that helps?
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options

nice :flowerforyou:
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes! I did pole dancing for about a year until I fractured my coccyx last year (not doing pole dancing...).

And I absolutely loved it!

It's a great workout and you will be feeling it for a few days afterwards, but it is so much fun.

You do need some good upper-body strength, but the more you practise at it, the better you become.

At first attempt, I never thought I'd be able to go upside-down, but once I got it, I was hooked! (Not literally...!)
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    im an advanced instructor and anyone can do it

as with any new skill it may take a little time to get the hang of it and build up strength in muscles you never knew youhad - but dont give up!

its great fro toning, strength, flaxability, core and co-ordination.... and its fun!!!!
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Its brilliant. Do it.
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 2 and 1/2 years now and its great fun! As for weighing too much a good instructor will give you variations depending on your ability, strength etc. I weigh 190lbs and have no trouble with it, but I do have good upper body strength, if you don't it will soon come. The most important thing is you will be getting fit and having fun, it really is a great workout :happy: