Elvis Bike Ride

Options
Yesterday I rode in the 22nd annual Elvis bike ride, in honor of the KING's bday! It was a cold day in Alabama/Georgia...the high was 45 and there were 15 mile per hour winds. And it was cloudy, no sun to warm us up. I almost wimped out before we even left but toughed it out and had a great time!
We rode 35 miles, the longest I have done in a couple months. I had a blast! It took hours to defrost and get warmed back up. Once I was nice and toasty my bed called my name at 8:30. I ate guilt free pizza for dinner last night b/c I burned over 1600 calories on the ride! I felt pizza was the least I deserved!

I learned something about myself yesterday...I am now NEVER allowed to use cold weather as an excuse to not do something b/c I did it yesterday and survived!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I rode in the 22nd annual Elvis bike ride, in honor of the KING's bday! It was a cold day in Alabama/Georgia...the high was 45 and there were 15 mile per hour winds. And it was cloudy, no sun to warm us up. I almost wimped out before we even left but toughed it out and had a great time!
    We rode 35 miles, the longest I have done in a couple months. I had a blast! It took hours to defrost and get warmed back up. Once I was nice and toasty my bed called my name at 8:30. I ate guilt free pizza for dinner last night b/c I burned over 1600 calories on the ride! I felt pizza was the least I deserved!

I learned something about myself yesterday...I am now NEVER allowed to use cold weather as an excuse to not do something b/c I did it yesterday and survived!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats, it sounds like a great day.

Did they blast Elvis rock and roll for you while your rode? That would be a hoot! I might even go biking for that:laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats, it sounds like a great day.

Did they blast Elvis rock and roll for you while your rode? That would be a hoot! I might even go biking for that:laugh:

No Elvis music, but there were jelly donuts at the finish! I didn't eat any but my hubby did. Apparently the King was a fan of jelly donuts.