Need Motivation to Lose Weight after Losing Baby...

Options
I originally started using this site to lose some weight I still had left from when I was pregnant with my son and become pregnant again. When I'd lost 8lbs and got pregnant right away (which was a relief, since we'd been trying for 14 months). We saw our beautiful baby twice on ultrasound (once at 4w5d and again at 7w3d with a perfect heartbeat). We went in for another appointment at 11w3d and they couldn't find a heartbeat. After checking with ultrasound we confirmed that our angel had passed away at 10w2d (ironically on 9/11/11). I had to have a D&C last Thursday and am still recovering physically and emotionally. We'd like to try again as soon as we can (which we were told it'd be a month or two, depending on how my period is after), but I already gained some weight during this pregnancy (7lbs) and need to lose that so we are sure we will be able to concieve again (a have the best possible chance for a healthy baby). I need any motivation I can get, and would love to know if anyone is in a similar boat.

Replies

• Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    All I can do is send you a hug............................ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heal first xxx
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    All I can do is send you a hug............................ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heal first xxx

I second that :)
  • AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So very sorry for your loss. Take the time to heal your heart first. Just try to stay healthy and not worry about the number on the scale for now.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Consider yourself hugged again.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy!! The only difference is I did not have a precious little one to go home to. We went to our ultra sound at 10 weeks and there was no heartbeat:( I was devistatede to say the least. I had to drive home with the hubby following me to get home to a room that had already began to be filled with small gifts from others so excited we were having our first. I do not want to make this about me but i want you to know that I know what you are going through, there is much more to the story, but I will keep that out! I just know that you will be able to get through this and move on. I now have two BEAUTIFUL kids and cant imagine things any different. It still makes me sad about the situation for others and the one I went through when I hear stories like this. Just remember that you do have one little miracle to hold and love!! I am praying for you to be comforted and energized to get moving and that you will be able to try again soon! Just remember to focus on your health!! Make sure that your body is as healthy and fit for the next bundle of joy that you may have to carry!! Hang in there and you will get through this!!!
  • jeff261159
    Options
    I can't, not even for a second offer you any sort of advice because I dont have the faintest idea of what you've been through. I can offer you my deepest heartfelt sympathy and an offer of my experience of losing weight using MFP and excercise. You have the best tool available to already, and that's a loving partner and family network. The MFP community are a very broad spectrum of people and I'm sure in that community are people who can offer you different types of advice, but for me, feel free to friend request me xx
  • mommyfor3boys
    mommyfor3boys Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I have had 3 ectopic pregnancies and 1 miscarriage ( that I also had to have d & c with) I know how hard it is. I got pregnant with my son (my youngest, we have 3 boys now) 3 months after my d & C, it was hard pregnancy (if you want more details I can send you a message, it's a long story) and then he came 2 months early. He is now a happy and healthy 1 year old. I am still trying to lose weight from him and just being overweight in general even before I was pregnant with him. Feel free to add me if your looking to chat with something. I understand what your going through. *hugs*
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    First of all, hugs and prayers for you.

Secondly, you may experience a bit of depression (who wouldn't?), so make sure you make time to take care of YOU before racing to have another baby. Make sure you're working through your grief, since emotional eating may be a factor.

Exercise will help get your endorphins going and improve your mood.

And finally, make sure you're eating the healthiest possible foods (no processed junk and whatnot). Not only will that improve your mood, but it will make the perfect environment for a new growing fetus when the time is right.

Make sure you don't give it up just because you're pregnant. Exercise in moderation, checking with your doctor about the safest exercises. Eat healthy to give your baby's body and brain the best possible foods to develop with.

Best of luck to you with your future conception!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hugs and prayers. Start with some short walks outside with your little boy :) I agree with the healing parrt first. I understand though you need something else to focus on :(
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 month old, and though I can't fully understand how you must be feeling, it is heartbreaking to think of it.

Lean on those around you for support...take care and good luck.
  • starfairy411
    starfairy411 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's been tough and will be nice to start focusing on something else.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I've been there. I think that it is the reason I started gaining. I was on the low end of normal before but I started eating for emotional reasons. Give yourself a chance to greive before trying too soon. I got pregnant right away and worried through the whole nine months. Just remember that the best way to get a healthy baby is to be a healthy mommy. Allow yourself time to heal. I pray that you are blessed with good health and happiness in all things. Don't let ANYONE tell you that you shouldn't hurt or grieve for this baby. You wanted it and it was very real to you. Hugs from a fellow "empty arms" mom.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    First of all, hugs and prayers for you.

Secondly, you may experience a bit of depression (who wouldn't?), so make sure you make time to take care of YOU before racing to have another baby. Make sure you're working through your grief, since emotional eating may be a factor.

Exercise will help get your endorphins going and improve your mood.

And finally, make sure you're eating the healthiest possible foods (no processed junk and whatnot). Not only will that improve your mood, but it will make the perfect environment for a new growing fetus when the time is right.

Make sure you don't give it up just because you're pregnant. Exercise in moderation, checking with your doctor about the safest exercises. Eat healthy to give your baby's body and brain the best possible foods to develop with.

Best of luck to you with your future conception!

Agreeing with everything this poster said. If you need a listening ear, don't hesitate to contact me. I may not have lost one, but I have certainly struggled to make one in the first place so I understand how hard it must have been for you on some level.