Lost 10 pounds so far latley feeling frustrated :(

Options
Hi everyone!! Just want to say that I joined MFP back in July and its probably the only thing that has really worked for me. Been struggling with weight forever and dealing with lack of motivation procrastination ya ya ya. Im sure you all know what I am talking about so I wont bore you with all the stupid details.

Anyhow i have dropped 10 pounds so far. Im not doing the 2 pounds a week like I would like its slow and gradual but thats cool. I weight in once a week. I have increased my exersise big time and its been continous. I walk, do Bikram yoga and work out at home totalling my excersise to about 5-6 times a week. Latley I have been struggling to keep under my calorie goal and I have been going over. Also I feel like I might be "plateuing" not sure though. I havent lost weight this last week and I lost 1 pound the week before that. I have a long way to go to get to my goal weight and i guess my grip is I feel frustrated that Im not dropping weight faster. I feel like its gonna take forever to get to my goal. Im kinda losing patience. I have no intention of giving up but sometimes its hard :sad:

Replies

• lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Dont give up!! Scales are evil...its all about how you feel in yourself. You have done super well so far. MFP believes in you...so start believing in yourself!!:flowerforyou:
  • sherribarger
    Options
    Could it be that you are gaining some muscle from the workouts? Remember muscle weighs more than fat....do you notice your clothes fitting differently?
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank You. I do feel good over all and I agree scales are evil!!!!! I had issues even buying one to begin with, but I knew I had to keep track. Im just going to a slump right now.
  • trailgetter
    Options
    Don't give up the fight!

Hitting a plateau is normal. Your body is adjusting to the weight/work outs/new diet.

Keep on track, we're all here to support you! Friend me if you like!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 4 pound in 2 months but I have toned up a lot. So scales are not always your friend I am sad to say..
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you are gaining some muscle from the workouts? Remember muscle weighs more than fat....do you notice your clothes fitting differently?
    [/quote

yep yep she is right ^^^ :happy:
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    it took me 3 months to lose 5lbs. Sometimes weightloss is slow for people. You should try adding more cardio like jogging, walking, or riding a bike. At first my workouts were only a half hour a day and i wasn't seeing any weight loss. Now I workout for at least an hour a day so maybe increasing the time you workout could help. Good luck :)
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    try to stay positive!!! its not a race...you will get there, it just takes time
  • gash200
    Options
    What are the chances you could be pregnant? I know lots of people start to lose weight and become pregnant.
  • Persevere230
    Options
    That is very possible. My clothes fit way better than they did before thats for sure and I feel lean and strong. I trip out on scales too much its a head trip really. :explode:
  • vdonalds
    vdonalds Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have lost 11 pounds and suddenly the weight isn't coming off as easily. It's frustrating, but if we stick to it the weight will start dropping again. I personally prefer immediate gratification.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didn't loose anything in weeks, but jeans that didn't fit one week fit the next. And the capris I wore one week were too big the next. (I blamed my washing machine for stretching them....denial).
  • nicolapowell2004
    Options
    You sound down, but you are doing so well. Have you considered increasing your exercise more if you are unable to keep under your calorie goal, that way you can still eat the same but have a larger allowance. Losing weight is really hard and even harder when you are trying really hard and nothing is coming off. Keep going, sounds like you are a fighter!!
  • speakz82
    Options
    I have an on and off relationship with my scale. I threw mine out about a month ago, and 48 hours later went out and bought a new one. I say go by your clothing. I need to take this advice, too but yeah...do that. It's hard when you're fixated on a certain number to determine your success.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Latley I have been struggling to keep under my calorie goal and I have been going over

Honey, if you're going over your limits then you're not going to lose the weight.

If there's one thing I've learned about weight loss, (and I get very frustrated too) is that you have to be consistent! Going over will just slow or halt the process. Remember, you have to be 3500 calories in deficit per week, to lose 1lb!!! Even if you go over by 100 cals per day, that's 700 over for the week. As you can see, you're not even going to lose that 1lb!

Get back in the swing of eating under your goal. Up your exercise if you want to eat more. But dont go over!!

All the best

:flowerforyou:
  • wavscaper
    wavscaper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job on the ten pounds!
    remember though, every time you lose weight, and you want to keep losing weight, you have to adjust the amount of calories you eat. But I guess the real question here is...why are you going over your calorie count? Craving foods? Or just frustration?
  • Persevere230
    Options
    What are the chances you could be pregnant? I know lots of people start to lose weight and become pregnant.

Already checked and Im not preggo :drinker:
  • Persevere230
    Options
    Great job on the ten pounds!
    remember though, every time you lose weight, and you want to keep losing weight, you have to adjust the amount of calories you eat. But I guess the real question here is...why are you going over your calorie count? Craving foods? Or just frustration?

Both pretty much also I have been carbing out a lot and not eating enough veggies and fruits
  • Persevere230
    Options
    Latley I have been struggling to keep under my calorie goal and I have been going over

Honey, if you're going over your limits then you're not going to lose the weight.

If there's one thing I've learned about weight loss, (and I get very frustrated too) is that you have to be consistent! Going over will just slow or halt the process. Remember, you have to be 3500 calories in deficit per week, to lose 1lb!!! Even if you go over by 100 cals per day, that's 700 over for the week. As you can see, you're not even going to lose that 1lb!

Get back in the swing of eating under your goal. Up your exercise if you want to eat more. But dont go over!!

All the best

:flowerforyou:

thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Persevere230
    Options
    You sound down, but you are doing so well. Have you considered increasing your exercise more if you are unable to keep under your calorie goal, that way you can still eat the same but have a larger allowance. Losing weight is really hard and even harder when you are trying really hard and nothing is coming off. Keep going, sounds like you are a fighter!!

I am a little in the dumps as of late but like everything this too shall pass. I exercise plenty so i can eat more however Im still going over so i need to check myself.