I did it!!

Options
I had this crazy goal to run a 5K in 30 minutes or less. Started walking about a year and a half ago. Started running this past spring. Saturday was my 4th 5K. I finished the previous ones in 31:45, 31:30 and 33:14. I did this one in 28:36 and finished 2nd in my age group!! The training has paid off and now I am training for a 15K.

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • cora5k
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!!!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • slickracer
    Options
    Nice!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! GREAT DEDICATION!!!
  • vdonalds
    vdonalds Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. How did you transition from walking to running? I seem to just try to make it from one tree to the next at the park. You're an inspiration!!!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Hard work pays off.
  • evilbanks
    Options
    I had this crazy goal to run a 5K in 30 minutes or less. Started walking about a year and a half ago. Started running this past spring. Saturday was my 4th 5K. I finished the previous ones in 31:45, 31:30 and 33:14. I did this one in 28:36 and finished 2nd in my age group!! The training has paid off and now I am training for a 15K.

Great story. Way to go!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. How did you transition from walking to running? I seem to just try to make it from one tree to the next at the park. You're an inspiration!!!

You just do it =) one foot in front of the other. Start at a half mile. Then move to a mile. Then two. Then three. 5k is 3.1 miles.

Once you are comfortable there you go to four. Then five. Then six. Then you are at 10k. ;)
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Awesome :flowerforyou:
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am on the 3rd wk of c25k. Your story is very inspirational! Good job and thanks!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and great way to accomplish your goal! :drinker:
    Keep up the great work!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Truly wonderful achievement. Good goals .
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job ! Keep it up !
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done.

Do you have a local running club? I joined mine when I was just about to do my first 10K - I've come on really far and really fast with the extra coaching (especially all the training where I'm not just doing steady runs - e.g. interval training, hill training, mile reps, etc) plus I'm now got great friends to inspire me and a team to represent when I run :)
  • LyneaS
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done.

Do you have a local running club? I joined mine when I was just about to do my first 10K - I've come on really far and really fast with the extra coaching (especially all the training where I'm not just doing steady runs - e.g. interval training, hill training, mile reps, etc) plus I'm now got great friends to inspire me and a team to represent when I run :)

I run by myself. It would be cool to run with a group of people, but my schedule is so hectic already!! I do have a lot of friends that run and we are all very supportive of each other.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    That is seriously awesome!! Way to go, congratulations on being able to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!