Large Breasted

Options
I am sporting a size 36D for my bra size. I find it difficult to comfortably do cardio when the girls start to ache.

How do you keep the girls under control to have a safe and enjoyable cardio workout?

Replies

• sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey.
    Well I'm a 36 FF which suuuccckkssss when I work out. But the best thing I can suggest is to find a really good sports bra, that keeps you supported... I mean one that really holds you in. Go to a lingerie store and tell them your problem and I'm sure they will help you in any way they can.
    But I know what you're going through, its rubbish. But don't give up :smile:

EDIT: I'm a 36 FF (UK size)... I'm not sure whether sizes vary in different countries lol.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love my Shock Absorber bra. I'm a 34DD and it keeps the ladies in place when I run. Prior to having this bra, I used to wear two ill-fitting sports bras and that worked pretty well too.
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am no where near as big as you are, BUT I have found buying padded/smaller sized sport bras, that are elastic/tight fitting keep the girls in place better when running. Sure, Its gonna be tight, but way more comfortable than them flopping all over the place (so painful/embarrassing!)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hey.
    Well I'm a 36 FF which suuuccckkssss when I work out. But the best thing I can suggest is to find a really good sports bra, that keeps you supported... I mean one that really holds you in. Go to a lingerie store and tell them your problem and I'm sure they will help you in any way they can.
    But I know what you're going through, its rubbish. But don't give up :smile:

EDIT: I'm a 36 FF (UK size)... I'm not sure whether sizes vary in different countries lol.

Yes this, I am 36 D/E myself and a good sports bra is a must. I get mine from M&S they are like a crop top, very comfortable.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have a Champion, underwire sports bra. It actually has a plastic underwire, so it's really pretty comfortable. I cinch it in as tight as I can without killing myself (!) Good luck!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Two words that work together... small & compression!

I'm a 36D and I go to target for their compression bras which are suppose to be tight. Then I get the size small, mat even try a xsmall soon. I don't like to move at all when I work out :wink:
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Two words that work together... small & compression!

I'm a 36D and I go to target for their compression bras which are suppose to be tight. Then I get the size small, mat even try a xsmall soon. I don't like to move at all when I work out :wink:

^^^ yes!
  • estepteau
    Options
    the nike bras for maximum bouce control are my fav....I started out a 42D at the beginning of weightloss journey using that bra
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Get a compression type sports bra. I like the brand moving comfort. I am a 36DD and run and do aerobics with NO discomfort since finding these bras.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    im 16 E aussie, i wear 1 sports bra and 2 singlets :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    find an AMAZING sports bra. i would never run til i found mine...

i have also gone from a G to a D with weight loss so there is hope (:
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Find a good sports bra. I wear one by Freya. I'm a 38 HH, I wish I could be smaller.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am a 38H and I am wearing an old ShockAbsorber; so old I cant read the size but I know it was the largest at the time; but you can get bigger now. The secret is for the bra to be quite tight; in fact I am sure I have read somewhere that you should wear a size smaller. The good thing about big boobs when exercising is you get a round of applause every time (the clap clap sound; if you know what I mean :laugh: )
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You need an EXTREMELY good bra. I have 2 that I love. For an instantly convertible racer back, Champion makes a great one: Champion Sport Wirefree Bra Style: CH1697. I like it because I can wear it as a "regular" bra and simply reach back and clip it into a racer back for added support in an instant.

I also love Playtex® 18 Hour® Original Full-Figure Comfort Strap® Wire-Free Bra - 4693. I get them at Kohl's. Fantastic support.
  • gailashton
    Options
    I was a 42DD when I started on MF and now I'm down to a 36C. Strap em in and get to work. I love New Balance bras & Victorias Secret VSC bra is my favorite, but the only place I've been able to find them anymore is on E-bay. Make sure the cups are separated too, otherwise they just smash the girls instead of supporting them. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, M&S ones are very good... hold me in very well. Comfortable too!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i.have nothing to contribute but i bet you ladies get a bunch of friend request
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Also 36D/DD here.

Regular bra under a too-small sports bra. Seriously. The only way I can run. :laugh:
  • martina123321
    Options
    Hi I am a 38 E and I have an amazing sports bra call the shock absorber. This bra holds them in place and keeps all bouncing minimal also absorbs sweat so no annoying rubbing. They are awesome. My boobs have never ached doing workouts because if this bra - I wouldn't be without it. xx
  • Lrojecki
    Options
    Hello.
    I too have struggled with this problem. I carry around a 38DD. Many of my girlfiends so as well.
    I have really enjoyed the UnderArmor front Zip sports bra. I got mine at ****s Spoting good.
    I read once that if you can stretch it over your head and shoulders, its not going to hold the ladies down.
    Front Zip, or rear hooking are the most effective for larger breast. Also, double up. Seems silly, but it does help to wear too, esp
    if running.

Good Luck.