It has been a year (with pics) - not satisfied

Options
Today, I have hit 1 year in my weight loss journey with some successes and some failures. To date: I have lost 53 lbs (194 to 141 lbs) and since Jan, I have lost roughly 30 inches (all over). I didn't start taking measurements until I was a few months into my weight loss journey. I have gone from a size 18W to size 10 (pants/capris) and a size 1X to a size Med (shirts). I feel great overall, but I am not quite where I want to be. I started my weight loss journey on my own until Feb where I joined MFP - it has been an amazing website with awesome friends who have supported/encouraged me along the way.

I am less than a lb away from my original goal of 140, but I am hoping to stop in the mid-30's somewhere. I am still pushing through, even though, I have stalled for the time being. I will be honest - I don't look like I thought I would (I thought I would be flatter at almost 140 lbs). I know I have come a long way, but I am not happy with myself (my self-esteem issues thanks to my ex husband). I still have a pouch that I can't seem to get rid of, but I hope with time it will get much smaller. Anyway, here are the pictures as promised:

At 194 lbs - my son was 2 weeks old (July 2010)
2diekqg.png

Sept 17 - 141 - 53 lbs down (at my son's dedication) - small size 10 dress
15zp0dd.jpg

Sept 6 - 53 lbs down - size Med top and size 10 capris
54hydt.jpg

Replies

• luvnlife6
    luvnlife6 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't be discourage. Congratulations on your weight lost. GREAT JOB! I wish I can say the same. You inspire me to keep pushing forward.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!! You need to take a minute and look at how far you have come. You have had to deal with a lot during this time and you still kicked butt!! Don't be so hard on yourself!! You will get where you want to be...it just takes time!! I am super proud of you and are glad you are one of my MFP friends!!!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    wow, be encouraged you look great! keep up the good work.
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    would you be happier if you were 50 pounds heavier??? be proud of your work, you did a great job :)
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    It wll you look great
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I think that you look amazing and your success is inspiring!!!!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    GIRL you LOOK friggin GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    53 lbs is a great accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself. I see from your profile that you have two adorable kids. Those two kids have no doubt brought you much joy, however, they have also gifted you a new body. I have realized that I'm never going to have a smooth, flat stomach ever again. My belly is wrinkly with loose skin and striped with stretch marks, my belly button looks like it is has an eyelid, my boobs have deflated and sagged to a place I never thought possible, and my hips are permanently widened. BUT, I wouldn't trade my beautiful kids for the body I had before they came along!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome! I love having you as my pal! I think you have done AMAZING, especially considering all that you have gone through! Just keep your head up and don't let that sorry ex keep you down! You are a beautiful, amazing woman and he cannot take that away from you! :D
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I hope you will soon be able to see your successes for what they really are. I hard fought acheivement. You look great. Thanks for sharing.
  • RedBone03
    Options
    Outstanding job on your accomplishments... You have no reason to hold your head down.. Be proud of where you started and where you have made it too.. I know that your story will inspire others to work hard and push through..... Im so happy for you.....
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    You've done brilliantly. And you look fantastic.

Last few lb's are always the hardest to loose because your body actually quite likes storing a bit of fat for emergencies... It doesn't know we live in the age of supermarkets and convenience stores and that the next meal is, pretty much, guaranteed!

So - don't be scared to loose the last few lb more slowly than you did the rest - you will make it in the end! Plus, when you get there it will be a lot easier to move to maintenance.
  • naveej
    naveej Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    53 lbs is a great accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself. I see from your profile that you have two adorable kids. Those two kids have no doubt brought you much joy, however, they have also gifted you a new body. I have realized that I'm never going to have a smooth, flat stomach ever again. My belly is wrinkly with loose skin and striped with stretch marks, my belly button looks like it is has an eyelid, my boobs have deflated and sagged to a place I never thought possible, and my hips are permanently widened. BUT, I wouldn't trade my beautiful kids for the body I had before they came along!

couldn't have said it better..... as i sail in the same boat
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you happy?? You look great!!! Just keep up the great work you have been doing and you will be at your goal!

Just remember, since you are doing this the slow and steady way...it will STAY!! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

So very true!
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, congrats on all your hard work
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishment!
    Congrats :) You look great!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments/compliments. I am trying really hard to get my self-esteem and self-confidence back. I am working on it. I do see my success, and I am happy for how far I have come. I just thought I would be smaller, but I am going to keep pushing. Thanks again.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You are doin an amazing job!! You look amazing!! you have trained yourself to make the right choses, now you just have to get your brain to acknowledge that you are getting skinny! I will have this problem When i get skinny i know! My brain & eyes not seeing the amazing change in my body!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Losing the weight is the first part, getting everyting all toned and refined is the second part. You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!