The Diet Solution

Options
So I bought this program this time last year "The Diet Solution" by Isabel somebody. Looked good. I read all the info, started, and found out I was pregnant. Ate like a mad fool. Now, 4 months postpartum, and after developing gestational diabetes, insulin dependant - which thankfully went away - I feel I am more educated than ever, but more confused. Read 4 different books, get 5 different opinions (kinda like parenting books...).

Has anyone else used the program? How were your results?

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I don't know that problem, but you're prone to diabetes you're probably best off with a higher protein/lower carb diet in general.
    I changed my default settings to 45% protein, 25% carb, 30% fat -- a lot of people use 40% protein 30/30 carb/fat.

Lower carb does not mean extreme - like with Atkins induction. I still get 80-100g carbs a day but they are from things like greek yogurt, whole grains, quinoa -- lower glycemic items.

In general you don't need a "diet" -- you just need a lifestyle you can follow that works for you and you don't feel like you're being punished on a diet :)
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    I personally do a lot better when I stay away from refined sugars/flours in my diet and I'm starting a new program called "Sugar Busters" www.sugarbusters.com I've read pretty much every book about nutrition that is current and they all pretty much require the same thing, cutting back on flours and sugary foods, if you can do that without being too strict about the other carbs like from nutritious veggies like sweet potatoes, and your fruits/dairy, I'm sure you can get really good results. :)
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I think this is the advice I should use.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I did very well with DSP but sort of stopped and my weight started creeping up again on me. I downloaded MFP so I would sort of make myself more accountable again. I didn't think I had been eating very much but I'm eating all of the wrong things.