Do you ever feel heavy...females only

Options
So today is my weigh in day but I will not be stepping on the scale. I know my "friend" will be here in a few days. But do you ever just feel heavy? Even when it's not that time?

This week I haven't done that much cardio, my besties sent me her P90X. So I've been doing that all week. But I just feel heavy today. I have realize that in order for me to continue lossing weight I have to do more cardio. I understand the whole thing about muscle burns more fat but not for me,well not right now for me.

How about you?

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    ← has fat days. and skinny days. i try to weigh in on skinny days. :)
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Oh absolutely! I mean, it is definitely worse during my period, but sometimes I feel heavy. To combat that I usually just drink more water than usual and take a rest day.

Feel better!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i felt super bloated and heavy today but stepped on the scale anyways..........and i lost half a lb since thursday, so dont be afraid of the scale! and i always feel super heavy right before tom...... but i still step on scale and weigh in, it helps keepme on track and not give into temptations i just keep telling myself my loss will be even greater once my tom has ended!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I go through days of just feeling bloated, like my stomach is bigger. It doesn't have to be around that time of the month, nor on days I've had more sodium or not had enough water, so I'm not entirely sure what causes it for me. I have also noticed that I tend to lose more weight when I haven't worked out as much. But I'm kinda thinking maybe that just means when I do workout, I should be eating more. I try to eat clean, with not as much processed foods and try to do a lot of home cooked foods. That makes everything lower in calories and I don't wanna feel like I'm overeating, that's what got me here in the first place lol so I'm having a hard time making myself think it's ok to eat more. So I haven't exactly tested out that theory.
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I definitely have heavy feeling days. It usually helps me to get moving and drink lots of water. The earlier in the day that you can do your cardio, the better, in my opinion - because you can then feel good all day long. My body isn't ready for weight lifting quite yet, so I stick to cardio. Another 20 lbs and I'll start adding weights into my routine.
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    TOM is not my problem (thank goodness) :wink: it's when I can't poop! (sorry if thats gross) but I have a terrible time with consipation GRRRRRR... But I really like it when I feel "heavy" and I get on the scale and it goes down a point or two!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Yes, I feel heavier/fatter some days than on other days. On my heavier days I wear a t-shirt because it covers up my stomach! Sometimes though if you get on the scale you'll realize that you are actually lighter but it's always a 50/50 thing...depending on TOM and salt intake.

Oh the joys of womanhood! :grumble:
  • coxiegirl
    Options
    Girl, I woke up this morning feeling like a whale. And then I was like OH. THERE YOU ARE. SO.

So yes, everyone has those heavy days. Water and not a lot of sodium should do the trick :)
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    When I used to get them I could gain up to 8-10 lbs of water just from that. Even though I dont get it now, it seems like my body is tring and I get symptomatic once a month.. Even besides that your salt intake cab affect that too!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I felt heavy on my weigh in last week and lost 2 pounds. Just because you feel heavy doesn't mean the scale will agree.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm feeling fatter right now. Scale has only gone up! Time to up the water and stop eating my roomate's junk food...Curse skinny boys with their high metabolism! :explode:

But really, I think we all feel this way sometimes. Weigh when you're ready, and if the number isnt what you wanted, just keep trying and remember...the number isnt a failure, giving up is the real failure.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, but weigh yourself and see. Sometimes I feel that way but am shocked with a loss. Don't get discouraged!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Yes, but weigh yourself and see. Sometimes I feel that way but am shocked with a loss. Don't get discouraged!

ah yes - this happens too. i'll wake up and be like "surely i've gained..." and the scale decides to be nice to me :)
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOW! I could have written this post! I definitely have "fat" days and "skinny" days. This morning I was feeling "fat" but to my surprise, I was down 0.6lb from last week. :happy: But, maybe I'm weird because right before AF comes, I feel skinnest??? My weight usually drops right before and then during her visit, it goes up a bit. I guess I'm the exception to the "rule".
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    thanks, thats the same thing i was just thinking!
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I thank everyone for commenting. I decided that i would go ahead and weigh myself (after waiting about an hour or so).... and im down 1.4lbs!!! Maybe i should just try to wait awhile after getting up. I still feel heavy but not as much, and who cares I LOST 1.4LBS!!!

I love mfp, you all made me feel a lot better :smooched: