RAWROTONGA Week 5 (Closed Group)

Options
Why hello ladies! It's been a really tough month but we're only five days away from seeing how much is left of September (and let me say, we kicked September's butt despite our ups and downs). Apparently there will be a challenge in October as well, but Gary's going to change it around a bit. I will keep you updated as soon as I know.

Here are the week 5 Pygmy challenges:

Welcome to Week 5 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
Day 3 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
Day 5 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees

Rest the weekend!

We start with new challenges on October 3rd!

Same Team Challenge as last week! RAISE THOSE SPEARS! Pygmies you are doing it! Go Team Go!

Here are the week 5 Bushmen challenges:

Welcome to Week 5 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

REST THE WEEKEND!

We are getting started with the next Challenge Series on October 3rd!

Week Five Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

No matter what happens for next month, whether some of you decide to continue your exercise journeys without the challenges, I'd just like to say that you're all inspiring to me and I couldn't do it without you! You're all amazing women, and I'm a better person for having the opportunity to get to know you, even though it was for a short period of time. I'll be here in October if you'd like to continue this journey with me.

Love you all! :flowerforyou:

Cassandre

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but the bushmen exercises look easier this week. I'm not sure how much running I'll get in... My knee is acting up and I don't want to push it too much. I can't believe we're almost done! *wibbles*

And Cassandre- if you're captaining a team in October will you add me to your roster? :flowerforyou:
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can add me to the roster as well. I had a really rough month keeping up with the challenges, but I'm back on my grind and determined to do them. As long as I go to the gym at lunch it's definitely doable. I think the start of school and a death in my family just cmpletely threw me this month. Well not the start of school, but the start of all the actual work. But either way I made myself a little spreadsheet to try and keep myself accountable. So I'm really trying to stay on track now. I'll be ending September with a BANG!!
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    Ladies this has been a HARD month for me! The next 3 with work with going to be insane! November I am out of town for over 2/3's of it. October I have A LOT going on as well and this month I have stressed myself trying to get the exercises in or not doing them and being bad so I don't want to put that upon myself. I am going to keep up with you ladies and try to incorporate the exercises into what I am doing but I don't want to let the team down again. I have felt bad about that this month. The funny thing though is this month I have lost more than I did last month with I was all gong-ho and working out like crazy, go figure!?!

Keep it up, I will be following your ladies still - just because I might not be on the team I will be cheering you all on!

thanks for a great 2 month... maybe in 2012 when things slow down a tad I will get back with the team! :)
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'll admit I've been back and forth on going on next month. The challenges are getting boring to me BUT!!! I love our team! I decided to stay on in October. I really like the cardio parts of the challenge and my doctor asked me to focus more on that than strength right now. We have good accountability and that is really important in our journeys. So sign me up for October!
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    As soon as I know what Gary has planned for October, I'll start getting a team together!
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! been a very rough month in the way of exercise and eating for me. But with winter fast approaching, I HAVE to get into some kind of exercise groove so I don't gain everything back that I lost this summer! I wanna be on next month too!!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I upped my weights for the bushmen exercises last night and today I hurt. *whimper*

Sorry, just had to whine about it somewhere...
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Okay RAWROTONGA, October will be much of the same. Gary will be posting exercises, and give me a spreadsheet so I can do points, but he's not going to collect data at any point. So it's really just to see how we're doing and be accountable.

So far I have Gwynne, Clarissa, Libby, Naomi and myself in for the month. Anyone else?
  • libs41223
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm gearing up for October. This week doesn't look good on paper but, every once and awhile I need to completely change things up so my body decides that it's ok to drop the weight. I'm down a pound so far this week. I'll look better next week.

I had a couple thoughts for October. You guys can tell me if they suck or not. I was thinking of a challenge just for our team to virtually walk and "meet" each other in a central location to all of us. I don't mind doing the calculations if you don't mind telling me where you all live. Another thought I had was if we don't like Gary's October challenges, maybe we could break out on our own. I love the accountability you guys give me (I need more, kick me) and the fact that I know there are other people in the world who are doing this too. Just random thoughts. :tongue:

Here's to ending the month and starting October fresh!
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I have been kind of MIA but I swear I am eating right, just not been able to do much exercise every time I even walk my neck acts up, it is almost good now so I think I can get back into it. I think I am going to buy some icy hot and use that before every workout to try and keep my neck loose while I am in motion (please let me know if this is a bad idea, for I have never really used icy hot)

I am not 100% certain if I want to do the october challenge because 3 out of the 5 weekends I am working at a ren faire, and although there is a decent amount of walking to be done the food is not always the best and I can't really do much working out at the faire.

I need to kick myself in the butt and get back in gear so you know what sign me up for october (I should get a smartphone in the next week or so, so I will be able to check in easier)

I had a couple thoughts for October. You guys can tell me if they suck or not. I was thinking of a challenge just for our team to virtually walk and "meet" each other in a central location to all of us. I don't mind doing the calculations if you don't mind telling me where you all live. Another thought I had was if we don't like Gary's October challenges, maybe we could break out on our own. I love the accountability you guys give me (I need more, kick me) and the fact that I know there are other people in the world who are doing this too. Just random thoughts. :tongue:

I think those work, I live in Meriden CT, I would love to know where everyone else is, and I wish I could find someone who actually lived near me, I need a work out buddy... :wink:
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I have been kind of MIA but I swear I am eating right, just not been able to do much exercise every time I even walk my neck acts up, it is almost good now so I think I can get back into it. I think I am going to buy some icy hot and use that before every workout to try and keep my neck loose while I am in motion (please let me know if this is a bad idea, for I have never really used icy hot)

I am not 100% certain if I want to do the october challenge because 3 out of the 5 weekends I am working at a ren faire, and although there is a decent amount of walking to be done the food is not always the best and I can't really do much working out at the faire.

I need to kick myself in the butt and get back in gear so you know what sign me up for october (I should get a smartphone in the next week or so, so I will be able to check in easier)

I think those work, I live in Meriden CT, I would love to know where everyone else is, and I wish I could find someone who actually lived near me, I need a work out buddy... :wink:

I'm in Seattle, way far away from all you guys, otherwise I'd totally be down for that. *sigh*
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    I live in Toronto, Ontario. Probably nowhere near anyone else either...
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    Has anyone poked scapez about maybe joining us for Oct?
  • libs41223
    Options
    Maybe someday we'll all walk 1,000 miles. :ohwell: That's half between Gwynne and I alone.
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump