7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Options
I came across the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People again and realized how appropriate it is for our weight loss journey.

Habit 1: Be Proactive - we are all here so that is proative!

Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind - we've posted our goals - we know where we want to be

Habit 3: Put First Things First - I am putting my health first. Before I eat, I log it. I bring my lunch to work instead of going to a restaurant every day (saving money too!). We've stopped eating out 3-4 times a week too.

Habit 4: Think Win-Win - by helping others we are helping ourselves - win-win for all of us

Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood - we can learn alot from reading what others have to say. I likely don't know all the answers, but collectively we do,

Habit 6: Synergize - all about teamwork and achieving goals we could not attain on our own

Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw - I'm reading everything I can on healthy cooking and healthier foods, and workimg to find the exercise that works for me. This is how we create a sustainable, long-term, healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thank you for sharing!
  • Jconner30
    Options
    Its a good book to read also. I have taken the course. I love Stephen Covey :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Soo True, I will have to pull it out and read it again. Good stuff!
    I came across the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People again and realized how appropriate it is for our weight loss journey.

Habit 1: Be Proactive - we are all here so that is proative!

Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind - we've posted our goals - we know where we want to be

Habit 3: Put First Things First - I am putting my health first. Before I eat, I log it. I bring my lunch to work instead of going to a restaurant every day (saving money too!). We've stopped eating out 3-4 times a week too.

Habit 4: Think Win-Win - by helping others we are helping ourselves - win-win for all of us

Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood - we can learn alot from reading what others have to say. I likely don't know all the answers, but collectively we do,

Habit 6: Synergize - all about teamwork and achieving goals we could not attain on our own

Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw - I'm reading everything I can on healthy cooking and healthier foods, and workimg to find the exercise that works for me. This is how we create a sustainable, long-term, healthy lifestyle.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    *Like* :happy:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I appreciate this fresh perspective.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. You are right, these 7 habits can definitely apply to our weight loss journey.
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have to write a paper on this book for one of my business classes.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This is so appropriate! I remember reading 7 habits years ago in management training seminars and it still fits today.