has anyone noticed a difference?

Options
Hello
So i used MFP everyday and it after i log my exercize and daily food it always says "if you ate like this everyday you would weight XX amount of pounds in XX amount of days." Well, i am eating and working out like this everyday and I not the weight that this program calculates. How are they getting that number and if they are correct in that just by doing the math of calories in and calories out, im wondering why i am not getting to that number they keep projecting for me. Any one else wonder about this too??

Replies

• sylviegino
    Options
    Same thing here!!!
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to that useless predictor. Soooo many factors can change that!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    as your weight goes down you got to keep changing your goals to your new weight to get those numbers to go down.
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What they say is just a measurement of how much you're burning + what you're eating = what you should weigh in 5 weeks if you keep out it. Although it is a valid science, it isn't always accurate and it you shouldn't always depend on what it says you are going to weigh. It doesn't know how your body operates. Its just giving you an idea of where you could possibly be in 5 weeks if you continue.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The formula does not factor in fluctuations in hormones, sodium fluctuations and associated water retention, water retention due tp exercise recovery, etc. Every one is different and the formula assumes a vacuum.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing as I'm not where MFP works out where I should be. However, I have seen this question posted before and recall that many people DO find that their predicted weight is right on MFP's target.

But it doesn't work for me - I just note it for fun, take it with a 'pinch of salt' and keep on going!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Do you eat and exercise exactly as you did the day before? I know I don't so I don't pay much attention to that except to encourage me to look to the future of what I want to attain to be!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    MFP is using "guesstimates." Your exact calorie burn is not something MFP can calculate. Your basal metobolic rate is not something MFP can know. Also, make sure you are measuring your food. Too many factors for this to be an exact figure. If you are finding that this is way off - you might tweak things a bit.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I never have the same type of day often enough to know. My "if every day were like today you'd weigh XXX in 5 weeks" is different everyday.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I think that's the ideal weight you would be, not factoring in any variables or individual rates of metabolism.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Even though most of that does not happen for me, it does give me an incentive when I see that in only five short weeks I COULD be at this weight. Makes me feel like what I'm doing isn't such a waste after all.