Said NO to my favorite... Red Velvet cake.... VICTORY !

Options
Hi everyone ! Just wanted to share a quick little victory for me....

We had some friends over last night for Dinner, which we havent seen in 2 months. They were not even aware that my husband and I are dieting.... Or making a lifestyle change, as I want to see it from now on.

So, they come over with my favorite : RED VELVET CAKE !! Yikes.

Not only was I able to say NO THANK YOU to it, but the best part was : I really didnt feel that I WANTED TO EAT IT !!! Which is the victory for me ! No pangs, no thinking about it later, no "OMG I should have had a tiny slice".... Nothing.

Bottomline is - she took the unopened cake back home with her - and I fit into a pair of pants this morning, that I havent been able to get up past my butt in a VERY long time !!! Finally down a size ! WooHoo !!

The worst part about this was - I felt bad in telling her I was not going to eat it (since she was sweet enough to think of bringing my favorite!), but she completely understood, and was very supportive of my refusal. She actually told me she was VERY happy to take it unopened back home !

Great friends and support like this is what makes this journey easier ! :happy:

Replies

• lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Both that you were able to stick to your plan and that you have a supportive understanding friend! Congrats :)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well done lady! Cake is my weakness. I am impressed :)
  • Rozzymoo
    Options
    Yay - well done for resisting cake! That was a huge temptation.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Good for you. I know what you mean by how you are no longer tempted to eat it any more. You are so used to eating healthy now, that these kinds of food doesn't interest you any longer. Isn't it amazing how things have changed.

And congrats on getting down one size...yeh for victories :-)
  • catmomof3
    Options
    Great job! You did better than I did! I had a similar experience with red velvet cake on Friday. I was able to say no to the cake but not to the icing. But i did count it in my food that day. Proud of you Danielle! We're on our way!
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies ! Not only support in "real life", but the support that we have here on MFP is amazing ans sooo essential to success !

Let us all be able to say NO to cake ! Or at least have enough calories left in the day to eat it..... LOL

Cheers ! :drinker: