Hello all....and wii fit query!

Options
Hello all!

I'm a new user and I'm very excited by this website! I want to lose 26 lbs by the summer. I gave myself a massive and 4 month long 'reward' once that tight wedding dress came off and now I'm regretting it!

I'm going to the gym as often as I can but I'm also using the wii fit programme. Does anyone have any charts that show average calorie loss for wii fit activities? I know they wont be massive burners but every little helps!

xx

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm a new user and I'm very excited by this website! I want to lose 26 lbs by the summer. I gave myself a massive and 4 month long 'reward' once that tight wedding dress came off and now I'm regretting it!

I'm going to the gym as often as I can but I'm also using the wii fit programme. Does anyone have any charts that show average calorie loss for wii fit activities? I know they wont be massive burners but every little helps!

xx
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!!!! :drinker: This is a great resource to attain your weight loss goals. As far as the Wii Fit I would put it down as light calisthenics. If you do the jogging part you could put it down under light jogging. The best thing is to buy a heart rate monitor. I cannot workout without anymore. Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jolie30
    Jolie30 Posts: 18
    Options
    What I've been doing (which is not perfect, I know) is taking the information from the Wii Fit or the other game I have, which is the Jillian Michaels' game (about what calories I've burned) and finding an activity listed here and adjusting the time to get as close as possible. So for instance, if I do the skiing one under balance (because I am addicted to that one, lol), I use the "skiing, downhill, light effort" entry and I modify the time to match what the wii fit told me I burned. Does that make sense? I'm probably not explaining it very well. Eventually, I'll use the "create exercise" function once I am a little more comfortable doing everything. I hope that helps!

And, welcome to myfitnesspal! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing (which is not perfect, I know) is taking the information from the Wii Fit or the other game I have, which is the Jillian Michaels' game (about what calories I've burned) and finding an activity listed here and adjusting the time to get as close as possible. So for instance, if I do the skiing one under balance (because I am addicted to that one, lol), I use the "skiing, downhill, light effort" entry and I modify the time to match what the wii fit told me I burned. Does that make sense? I'm probably not explaining it very well. Eventually, I'll use the "create exercise" function once I am a little more comfortable doing everything. I hope that helps!

Your wii fit tells you what you've burned? Mine doesn't, mine just logs minutes. I wear my HRM during it though, and in an hour a couple of days ago, I burned 330. Today, I made a point of alternating more between the aerobics and the strength training for an hour, kept my heart rate up, then played on the balance games, not worrying about my heart rate. For an hour and a half, I burned 600 calories.
  • Jolie30
    Jolie30 Posts: 18
    Options

Your wii fit tells you what you've burned? Mine doesn't, mine just logs minutes. I wear my HRM during it though, and in an hour a couple of days ago, I burned 330. Today, I made a point of alternating more between the aerobics and the strength training for an hour, kept my heart rate up, then played on the balance games, not worrying about my heart rate. For an hour and a half, I burned 600 calories.

oops, should have used Jillian Michaels' game as an example because you are correct, my wii Fit game doesn't tell me how many calories but the Jillian Michaels one does. For the wii fit activities, I just found one on the list that best describes what I've done and usually put in a lower time to err on the side of caution and make up for the stop and go between the activity. I have a HRM and never thought to use that to figure out what I've burned. I'm going to try that tonight instead to make sure I logging accurately. Thanks! :)