hi

Options
hi
I am 50 years old and the heaviest I have ever been in my life time I started gaining weight after my divorce and need to stop gaining this is my attempt to get control I have tried a lot of diets but nothing worked so hopefully this will work. need help getting motivated to exerciser I just hate it so will need some encouragement. just to walk 30 min would be nice.

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    hello berta.. . good luck to you on this journey (not diet).

1. fill out your profile. be brutally honest about the reasons you want to lose weight, about those reasons you hate being overweight, about the reasons for your past failures with "dieting", about the things you will do to avoid those past failures.

2. don't worry about exercise for now. 80% of weight loss is what goes into your body. find a healthy nutrition plan and run with it. you can, and will lose weight without exercise if you eat healthy. exercise has its benefits (tighten up as you lose weight, some added calorie burn during the day from muscle vs. fat, ability to eat more during the day due to calories burned, improved cardio system, reduce the risk of certain disease, etc.). however, for pure weight loss alone, you can accomplish that without exercise. if/when you choose to add exercise to your healthy lifestyle, start slow....try to find something you think you would enjoy and go with that. as you become healthier, you may find that you like exercise.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hi Berta i'm 50 too , friend request on way :flowerforyou:
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Berta,

Feel free to send me a friend request if you like.