Starting - INSANITY - Tonight. Anyone with me???

Options
Hey there. I just wanted to find some buddies. that are willing to start insanity with me tonight. That would mean that when all is said and done we should be done right in time for december. If there are any takeres please friend me and let me know that you are wanting to start insanity tonight also.

I figured then we could all be buddies and make sure that we are doing it. then we can post that we just finsihed "day 8" for example and keep eachother motivated. also if you start today and email me let me know your weight before your workout. I am at work right now so I cant really know my weight as of now but will let you know if you friend me.

Thanks again for wanting to join.

SW: (When I first joined MFP 2 years ago) 324
CW: (As of a week ago) 312
GW: 224

Replies

• kassied09
    Options
    I wish I could but it is a bit out of my price range- I already pay for a gym membership so that is just about all I can spend besides money on healthier foods (which can be pretty costly as well) =[ Good luck, hope you enjoy it!
  • dgraham0913
    dgraham0913 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think this would be a great idea! I already have the DVDs but my only problem is I haven't exercised in forever so I might need to start with something else before I jump right into insanity.
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    I'm starting today too! :) Adding you now.
  • IcedMilk
    IcedMilk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ok. I'm a taker. I weighed in today at 192. My goal is to loose 30# by December 12th. Explain what is INSANITY.:indifferent:
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Insanity is A beachbody 65 day DVD set. so you need to have that for the group.
  • mrsfenter
    Options
    Insanity is just that, insane workout! I tried P90X and couldn't hang but would like to try Insanity,:noway:
  • aspencer122
    Options
    Insanity is just that, insane workout! I tried P90X and couldn't hang but would like to try Insanity,:noway:

If you couldnt make it in P90X you might want to try another program. maybe turbo fire. I have done P90X and Insanity. and now P90X seems like nothing to me compared to insanity.
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm starting phase 2 of P90X right now. I have Insanity but I don't know if I'd be ready for it. Maybe I'll give it a go for a week and if it's too much, I'll go back to P90X and start phase 2 next week.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm starting phase 2 of P90X right now. I have Insanity but I don't know if I'd be ready for it. Maybe I'll give it a go for a week and if it's too much, I'll go back to P90X and start phase 2 next week.

Ok that you guys don't mind if I chime in. Finish P90X first before starting Insanity. It is better to finish a program.

With that said everyone who said they may not be ready for Insanity, you right you probably aren't. No one is!! You will see people in the video going over to the side and throwing up. All you can do is do your best and push through it. If you have to stop when the people in the video are still going, so what? That's why you are working out at home. Just promise yourself you'll jump back in once you catch your breath. Another thing is to make sure the next time you do that particular work out promise yourself you will do just a little bit more.

Add me as a friend if you would like I am always around. I'd be more then happy to help.
  • aspencer122
    Options

I would say just finish up P90X so two things can happen.
    1. You finish an excersie program. (it will make you feel even better about yourself.)
    2. You will be ready for P90X2. (Which will be coming out sometime in December.)

this is what I will be doing. I just let my copy of P90X to by brother, plus my wife is starting insanity tonight also so I figured that i will start it also. But still if you need help or encouragement on P90X let me know.
  • aspencer122
    Options

Ok that you guys don't mind if I chime in. Finish P90X first before starting Insanity. It is better to finish a program.

With that said everyone who said they may not be ready for Insanity, you right you probably aren't. No one is!! You will see people in the video going over to the side and throwing up. All you can do is do your best and push through it. If you have to stop when the people in the video are still going, so what? That's why you are working out at home. Just promise yourself you'll jump back in once you catch your breath. Another thing is to make sure the next time you do that particular work out promise yourself you will do just a little bit more.

Add me as a friend if you would like I am always around. I'd be more then happy to help.

what he said. lol
  • davidpm
    Options
    I've started looking at the Insanity DVDs. Am I wrong that they appear to be much more cardio intensive? That is, less weight and resistance training and more maxed out heart rate circuits?

I do the Plyo on P90X and it's my favorite routine of the week because it's less weights and more crazy *kitten* cardio.
  • aspencer122
    Options
    I've started looking at the Insanity DVDs. Am I wrong that they appear to be much more cardio intensive? That is, less weight and resistance training and more maxed out heart rate circuits?

I do the Plyo on P90X and it's my favorite routine of the week because it's less weights and more crazy *kitten* cardio.

O YA. Insanity is all Cardio. I like it because of that. I am 6'4" and 312# and I us to play basketball in high school that is why I love it. If you love Plyo from P90X then you will love this. BUT it is still really hard. I think at least 3 times harder then plyo in P90X.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Insanity is much more cardio intensive for sure. isnt much strength training. Mainly cardio and pushups, but it will push your farther than you thought you could go. There is weights in the deluxe version with the weighted workoout. Insanity is about 3 levels above p90x plyo. if you like plyo, you would love insanity.
  • davidpm
    Options
    I'd love to do that all week. The weight training days of P90X are usually pretty boring to me. It's much harder for me to get into the workout and give it my all which means I'm not getting near as much out of my time as on the non-weight days. Plyo and Yoga X (and to a lesser extent Kenpo) are exciting and I look forward to them.

I guess I'll push through for the next phase and see where I'm at.
  • aspencer122
    Options
    I dif. reccommend INSANITY for you then.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    It also depends on what your goals are. Muscle is going to help you burn fat. You also get a longer caloric burn from resistance training then you do from just straight cardio.

Phase 2 of P90X changes it up, so give it a shot and see what happens.
  • aspencer122
    Options
    O ya I agree with Stoooooo. If you are just about to go into Phase 2 of P90X, do that. I LOVED IT. it is so much harder and intense.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    I started the fit test today, if you want to add me!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I started the fit test today, if you want to add me!

Good luck!