50+ wanting to lose!!

Options
Looking for people who are struglling with weight and age.:smile:

Replies

• NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I just turned 65 today. I started MFP in February and have lost 28 pounds. That's 7 months to lose 28 pounds - 4 pounds a month, 1 pound a week. So in a year I will have lost 52 pounds. It is definitely not as easy as when I was in my 30s or even 40s but my daily motto is "portion control and commitment to exercise". I walk 5 or 6 times a week. If I walk for an hour then I stretch and do hand weights. If I walk for 30 minutes I supplement with an aerobic DVD. When I eat out I order grilled or broiled and either chicken or fish. Limit myself to beef once or twice a month. and no pork. Cholesterol was a problem for me so that is why no pork and fried foods. I also cook more at home and enjoy my steel cut oats for breakfast with chopped walnuts added and a teaspoon of honey.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp,
    I am 48 and have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. So I know all about the fatigue, being so tired you can't stay awake and gaining due to health issues and putting everyone else first. I started on here july 2010 and have lost 85 lbs. I would love to be here to encourage and motivate each other
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi Nickie,
    I'm 50 and have lost 50 lbs so far. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TamJohn2011
    TamJohn2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like your post! It sounds like you've got this. :smile:
  • nickiec85
    nickiec85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!!:happy:
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    We're all in the same boat, I am noticing the weight just does not come off so easy after turning 40....I am now 50 and every ounce seems to be a struggle but I am not giving up! Good luck to us both!
  • judykay05
    Options
    welcome to mfp,
    I am 48 and have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. So I know all about the fatigue, being so tired you can't stay awake and gaining due to health issues and putting everyone else first. I started on here july 2010 and have lost 85 lbs. I would love to be here to encourage and motivate each other

Wow 85 lbs! That is awesome! I want to lose over 100, I have a long way to go and I'm glad I found this site! I have hypothyroid too, and when I get tired, I could just pass out where I'm sitting. Great job on your weight loss! Congrats
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Looks like you are already surrounded by wonderful supportive people. If you want one more feel free to add me to your list! Have a great week!